Bad battery draw

dinocossey

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
My 99 power stroke got a bad battery drain from fuse 4 14 and 15 pull any brings drain down

Sent from my Alcatel_4060A using Tapatalk

dinocossey

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
My 99 power stroke got a bad battery drain from fuse 4 14 and 15 pull any brings drain down

I used voltmeter and disconnect one battery and pulled positive on the other and it reads 4 amps changed gpr and still the same it will drain batteries in approximately 4 hours any help would be appreciated

DaveBen

SDD Senior Member
Reaction score
4 amps is a good draw. Now you need to trace where that power is going. Is it the GPC pulling the power?

dinocossey

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
4 amps is a good draw. Now you need to trace where that power is going. Is it the GPC pulling the power?
Not sure what your talking about but I did replace the gpr from O'Reilly's they say it's not reading no codes

DaveBen

SDD Senior Member
Reaction score
4 amps will kill your batteries until you find out what is pulling the current. The Glow Plug Controller might be doing it, or the stereo or??? Does it always pull 4 amps? More or Less?

01yellerCobra

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What circuits do those three fuses go to?

Misspelling brought to you by Tapatalk

dinocossey

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
What circuits do those three fuses go to?

4 is lamps and power windows 14 is also lamps 15 is gem pcm abs brake shift interlock and speed control just so much I don't know where to start it doesn't matter which fuse I pull it drops to less than 1 amp

dinocossey

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
4 is lamps and power windows 14 is also lamps 15 is gem pcm abs brake shift interlock and speed control just so much I don't know where to start it doesn't matter which fuse I pull it drops to less than 1 amp

I have checked and no lamps are on just puzzles me that each fuse does the same thing but I'm a dozer operator not a mechanic so any help would be appreciated

01yellerCobra

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm wondering if it's something in the GEM. I'd take it apart and make sure it's not wet or anything.

DaveBen

SDD Senior Member
Reaction score
No don't take apart the GEM. Less than 1 amp is the computer and memory drawing power for sleeping (off). This is normal.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58