Bad business & Personal ethics

northshore

Northshore
Reaction score
Tough to read stuff like that about Garret.... Garret is a good guy and will continue dealing with him.
just some unsolicited advice, get the whole story, and if you still feel you need to say those things.... well then I just wont be able to read them.
However I believe if you knew Garret you would change your mind.

Tail_Gunner

CRJ & ERJ A&P Mech.
Reaction score
Usually, there are two sides to every story.

In my case, many years ago, I was working for an area medical center. I worked my butt off, never took a sick day and typically put in 60 to 75 hour work weeks. The suits in the glass offices were complaining about everything, number of overtime hours, road expenses, etc. They were so tight fisted, in an attempt to lower payroll costs, they told my supervisor to check with other outfits around the country doing the same work and find out what their techs were getting paid. As it turned out, I was getting about half of what other folks were getting paid. So after a few years of them bitching about the sub-standard pay they were paying me, I turned in my 2 week notice. Right away their tune changed. The medical center director called my supervisor in a state of panic complaining "where are we going to find someone who'll work that hard for so little money"? What he didn't know was that the other two guys in the office were planning to quit 2 weeks after me. And my resignation was the first step in all of us starting our own business.

If Garrett's situation was anything like mine, he has my sympathy 110% and will get my business in the future.

Bobcat698

PureDieselPower.com
Reaction score
Dually02 said:
I don't know if this is the place to post this. But I can't find a spicific forum. But I would like to speek my mind!!! I have bought product from "Black Cloud Diesel" (Gary). I came across another website called "Black Cloud Diesel Performance" I had to call Gary at Black Cloud Diesel about my Trans. temp. gauge. I then asked Him if he started another website called Black Cloud Diesel Performance. He said no. He also said that the guy that did start the new company had worked for him. I think that's extremely low . Gary taught this guy about the business, an for his thanks he's trying to steal his business name. Almost the same and selling the same products. Would you like his pants too. I wish I could say what I feel, but I'm keeping it clean hear. P.S. Gary is a great person to deal with. Very helpfull, and willing to do what it takes to please the costumer. I will never buy from Black Cloud Diesel Performance.:cussing:

Since you feel like copy and pasting your new threads from board to board, I'll copy my reply from another forum as well.

According to Wisconsin state law and federal legislation, there is no problem with me using the name Black Cloud Diesel Performance. When I registered for my DBA, the state told me that I could use the name as it is "Not deceptively similar".
Gary did not teach me about the business. Gary put up the money for the start up and told me to run it. That meant design the website, advertise, deal with all the customers and be on call 24/7.
I also did NOT, repeat, DID NOT steal his business name. Gary himself told me he wanted me to stick around until he could pay up his vendors and SHUT THE SITE DOWN. Enough said.
Selling the same product? Have you not looked at all the diesel performance sites? We almost all sell the same products.
But just to put your mind at ease, I will tell you this....I am changing the name of my company. Not because I feel using that name is wrong, and NOT because of a threat of legal action. We are changing the name because a current employee of your beloved Gary is running amuck hiding behind the Black Cloud Diesel name. We have not been defaming or slandering their company.
They, however, can not in good conscience say the same.

Norcal250

Gimp member
Reaction score
I don't know either of these guys personally, but I have spent some time on the phone with both of them... both are good guys and helped me with what I needed... :sweet

hheynow

Señor Aceite de Soja
Reaction score
Bobcat698 said:
When I registered for my DBA, the state told me that I could use the name as it is "Not deceptively similar".

In my mind that says it all. Good luck in your venture.

whatabudro

Launched
Reaction score
Thanks for replying to the thread Garrett. You will do fine with your venture. Glad to have you aboard,:thanks

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14