Bad hesitation

GOEGLEINBROS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
symptoms, at low rpm there is hestitation(or a miss perhaps, like if u had a bad spark plug in a gas motor) I had the oild changed, new fuel filter, anifreez, and I run diesel clean through on a consistant basis. I have been running some anti gel throught the last couple of months..When I first noticed it, I thought maybe the tranny was slipping and that is not the case. So, I [lugged in my tunner and it said water in fuel. I drained the seperator and rain through some treatments. Its been several tanks later and the hesitation has not gone away.. we really nnoticed it while plowing snow last night.. What do I do? I am completely broke( been layed off since febuary 09 thanks to my union hall) my hands are tired. Any ideas? The local diesel mechanic was to charge me 2 hours labor minum to look at it at 85 bucks an hour..

DaveBen

SDD Senior Member
Reaction score
Your EGR valve may be clogged. It is easy to remove and clean it. You will need two o-rings for it, available at Ford.

Dave

Tail_Gunner

CRJ & ERJ A&P Mech.
Reaction score
Your EGR valve may be clogged. It is easy to remove and clean it. You will need two o-rings for it, available at Ford.

Dave

Looks like a 7.3 Dave, no EGR.

Could it be a turbo boost leak?? I look into loose clamps & leaks in the intercooler piping, between the turbo and intake covers and lastly look for soot/leaks on the up-pipes from the exhaust manifolds to the trubo.

twt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Take a look at (Sagebel ) Engine miss & Mistery vibration. I think we all have the same problem. I have been told ( by Brian at BTS) that it is injectors. My truck is going to Swamp`s in Nashville 1-26-10 to see what it is.

GOEGLEINBROS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
it turns out that my #1 injector was going bad, so i picked up a used set and had them put in. it seems to run fine now..i also out in glow plugs, valve cover gaskets, and the wiring harnesses that are under the valve covers.. seems to be going strong now. it runs much smother.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14