Bad Injecter

headturner

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
06 f350 with bad injector on cylinder one...is it better to replace just the one or all 8?..where is good place to get them?...and should i go ahead and upgrade to bigger injectors or replace with same size?...

thanks in advance for everyone help

Last edited:

tankerdude

Full Access Member
Reaction score
#1 cylinder?

Or "just one cylinder"?

If it's really #1, that seems a bit odd.

Bigger injectors will get you more power, and a bigger fuel bill also.

More power in a 6.0, without doing a few other upgrades, may NOT be the way you want to go.

I'm talking about ARP head studs, Black Onyx head gaskets, a bulletproof EGR and oil cooler, fuel system mods (blue spring for more pressure and regulated for more volume), etc., etc.

I'm sure others on this forum can chime in and mention other mods that would, in my world, be required PRIOR to increasing HP on the 6.0 engine.

Stroked68

This is FORD Country
Reaction score
If it was me I would do all 8 and go ahead and get stage 1's or somethin. Just depends on if you are gonna build an even better hot rod. The other injectors could be on their way out or could last yrs. Never know. If you are gonna do more power, I agree with tanker and do headstuds cause that was def one problem area and the egr crap.

RoyBoy

Diesel Dork
Reaction score
How many miles are on the truck? If you don't have a pile of miles on it, and it seems to run good otherwise, I'd just pop in one and see how it runs. If it's good, you saved a bunch of money (and labor).
As said, if you do go bigger, make sure to do your homework. It's easy to do plenty of damage.

headturner

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
yes it was just 1 injector and yes it was cylinder #1..i plan on making it have alil bit more power but just dont know when..truck has alil over 100k miles..truck running great now i just got 1 injector and popped it in over the weekend for money sake..plan on having the egr crap done by the new year..

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58