bad injector cause a shake?

melmount

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If an injector or two is failing can it cause a shake or vibration at like 40mph?
I have had starting issues a while back but changed the ipr.
Sometimes lopes bad when cold, glow plugs are fine. The question is hypothetically, if an injector has failed can it feel like a bad driveshaft or wheel out of balance?

DaveBen

SDD Senior Member
Reaction score
Yes it can. I had this happen when #5 injector went south on me. The truck would shake and vibrate as it was trying to accelerate. Very annoying.

Dave

melmount

Full Access Member
Reaction score
did it feel like a front wheel was way out of balance?
By any chance was when it happened at a particular speed or rpm? Mines 40 to 45 approx 1400 rpm with a load. I have 410's so it may be slightly faster for you, if you have 373's
were the tests definitave on which injector? I am having them tested tomorrow. I hope i dont get AOK on the tests but really have a bad injctor. i hope its clear cut

DaveBen

SDD Senior Member
Reaction score
I do have 3.73's. It felt like something in the drive train that was out of balance, and not the front wheels. I don't remember what speed I could feel it most, but it was slow enough that I was not speeding on a 45 mph road. 1400 to 1500 rpm seems about right. I read the codes and they showed #5 was low; which means not working. "P0273 Cylinder 5 Injector Circuit Low" All of the codes are listed in the WIKI Technical Articles, on the TOP BLUE LINE above.

Dave :)

Dave

melmount

Full Access Member
Reaction score
thx I think i am going to unplug the tc lock up wire. This vibration is around the time when the tc locks up. If i unhook it and its less noticeable its almost certain to me motor related and not driveline?
make sense??

roger2003

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had the same problem on mine. Lost two injectors on the same side of the engine. The tranny wasn't shifting right and when I got it too downshift, it would shake ( felt like the front end was coming off ) All new injectors are planned.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58