Bad injector

Yooper75

Boost Junky
Reaction score
I started my truck to leave for lunch and it started to belch blue smoke and had a miss. I drove it to the dealer a mile down the road and the mechanic said it could be a bad injector and now wants to scan the truck when its cold. It has been doing this in the morning but it smells like diesel and not oil up until this afternoon when it smelled more like burning oil than diesel. I am tempted to purchase autoenginuity for my PDA and do it my self at this point because I dont want to leave the truck with them because I have no other vehicle to drive at this point. Any other opinons on what might cause my truck to smoke like this?

Yooper75

Boost Junky
Reaction score
Possibly a glow plug??

I've got an AE if you get up in this neck of da U.P.

Thanks for the offer Kent but I have it scheduled at the dealer for Friday morning. This thing has got me confused because this morning when I started the truck it didnt miss at all when I kicked it to high idle and didnt smoke all the much either. I will see what happens today at luch after it has sat for a few hours.

Yooper75

Boost Junky
Reaction score
Well I hoping for the best and it turned out to be the worst I have two bad injectors one on each side. Now what I am wondering is it worth the extra coin to replace all eight and be done with it or should I just replace the two? The truck has 131k on the clock.

Eubee

Full Access Member
Reaction score
They are not that bad to get to, ...if the cab is off. I have not tried it yet with the cab on, but it looks like I will be experiencing this shortly, as I have atleast one going bad. Wish I had the money to replace them all while I had the cab off doing the HPOP.

Yooper75

Boost Junky
Reaction score
I found the directions on how to change them I am going to try and do it with cab on the truck. It also looks like I am going to get to do this quite soon because the truck is starting really run like crap when its first started and the fuel milage is starting to tank as well. I am only going to replace the two that are going bad at the moment and see how it goes and I am also going to spend the coin for the elevated creeper on Northern Tool because this is about a 5 hour job and I cant reach the center of the hood standing on the ground.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14