Bad news... or Good...

strokepower

Stroke=Power
Reaction score
So I took my truck in today... It has been makin a chirping noise (I figured it was the belts mainly the adjusting pulley part) but i noticed signs of puking on the coolant thing.... it only has 25800 so I figured what the hey....

they are going to look in the morning to make sure but they're thinking the heads are bad (no surprise on the 6.0L) but the good news is they are going to put ARP studs in for me if the heads are the problem....

if the heads are the problem then I guess it isn't too bad if all goes well and I can get the ARPs put in on fords labor and time.... my expense on the studs of course....

the chirping sounds like a little bird has made a home under my hood... anyone heard of this bird?

powerboatr

living well in Texas
Reaction score
So I took my truck in today... It has been makin a chirping noise (I figured it was the belts mainly the adjusting pulley part) but i noticed signs of puking on the coolant thing.... it only has 25800 so I figured what the hey....

they are going to look in the morning to make sure but they're thinking the heads are bad (no surprise on the 6.0L) but the good news is they are going to put ARP studs in for me if the heads are the problem....

if the heads are the problem then I guess it isn't too bad if all goes well and I can get the ARPs put in on fords labor and time.... my expense on the studs of course....

the chirping sounds like a little bird has made a home under my hood... anyone heard of this bird?

yup
mine did it, it was casued by the VGT vanes sticking until sufficient oil pressure caused em to move at start up.....sometimes it took over 2 minutes and set a CEL, got a new center section and exhaust side earlier this year
wasnt HG's
but maybe youll be lucky :sly
if they do drop new heads it will be 6.4 heads as part of the commonality stuff

strokepower

Stroke=Power
Reaction score
yup
mine did it, it was casued by the VGT vanes sticking until sufficient oil pressure caused em to move at start up.....sometimes it took over 2 minutes and set a CEL, got a new center section and exhaust side earlier this year
wasnt HG's
but maybe youll be lucky :sly
if they do drop new heads it will be 6.4 heads as part of the commonality stuff

hmm.. that's interesting... It would be nice to get 6.4 heads if they're better.. we'll see in the morning.. I'll keep ya posted...

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14