Bad news or well......

johndeerebones

GOT PMS?
Reaction score
I turned in my 2 weeks at the John Deere dealer I work at yesterday. I despised being service manager when I couldn't have the reins to get rid of all the dead weight techs in the shop.

The bad news is I took a job as a tech at the local CHEVROLET dealer.(sorry I'll quit cussing!!!) The owner is my wifes uncle, so short story is I'll prolly be in a Duramax sometime in the next year. I've done tractor work for the service manager there and with my 2 years auto tech school, background in wrenching, and ase certifactions I already have he thinks I can almost double the money I make now with 1 to 2 years, Soooo heres to hoping! If I make that kinda jack I'll make a puller out of mine and daily drive the Duramax, I sure hate to get rid of the powerstroke, its been the best truck I've ever owned. Well just thought I'd let you guys know, maybe I need to change my username....?

JOAT

I Found Nemo!
Reaction score
Wow, and you've had that username quite awhile. At least you'll be working on Chevy's and not Dodge:D

Congrats on the new job!

happeetxn

9/11 Never Forget
Reaction score
You gotta do what's best for you and the family:sweet
We'll pray for your success.
Craig

RoyBoy

Diesel Dork
Reaction score
Congrats

Going from a svc manager to a tech, eh?
Congrats on the promotion :thumbs

bushpilot

Full Access Member
Reaction score
hey stick around even if you ditch your ford...nothin' says you gotta
OWN a ford to be on this site...you just gotta TOLLERATE us... ;)

Id be interested in hearing (from someone who knows & sees the trucks)
what problems theyre having

good luck to you and as others have said gotta take care of yourself
first ! more money is good (put some of it away...itll give you a great
sense of security !)

think of it this way...at the end of everyday when you fix something and you
know you did it and the things are running perfect, youll be able to SEE feel
& smell the results of your hard work & well done job ! your customers will
always appreciate you if you tell 'em the truth too ! (you know you own
a truck & you know how important these things are !)

Last edited:

BamaSixGun

SDD Super Mod/Staff
Reaction score
we wont hold it against ya jdbones. even though i love my PSD, my mostest favoritest car in the hold world is a 1969 Chevy Z28 Camaro with the 302 and a 4 speed stick. would love to have a garnet red with white rally stripes and 4 wheel disc brakes (JL8), if it had the RS option that would just be more gravy on the biscuit.

i would take this one too.

'69 Camaro Z28/RS in Hugger Orange

hope the new job goes well.

Last edited:

johndeerebones

GOT PMS?
Reaction score
Thanks guys

royfordguy said:
Going from a svc manager to a tech, eh?
Congrats on the promotion :thumbs

Gotta second that, was a tech for 4 years at JD dealer, then old service manager left and I took over hated the position from about month 2. Like said won't be immediate by any means, but sure I end up with one sometime.

Bushpilot: I'm all about taking pride in my work and theres not alot to pride on with management, just same ol diggin and tampin every day, never get to finish one thing, may be part of the reason I hate it so much. That and getting ass eatins over dead weight techs work instead of praise for my own.

Thanks guys for all the response and kind words. I've been a member on "The other site" since 02\04 and I doubt I'd have this respnse over there, SDD is great. Plus, there isn't a forum to post this in over there and it would be off topic. :roflmao :roflmao I sure hope I can keep my Stroke, but I'll have to make more money than I am now.:D

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58