Bald Eagle Sighting........

Tbar

SDD STAFF/Moderator
Reaction score
The wife and I went out to dinner yesterday evening saw a fully matured, American Bald Eagle fly across the road in front of us..........right here in the city!!!

I am kicking myself for not taking a picture. :cool:

This thing was HUGE and beautiful !!!

Wonder if he was lost.........lol

Tbar

95_stroker

Jefe
Reaction score
Nice sighting Lance, we see them around here frequently as well as the even more impressive Golden Eagle.

platinum01

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That must have been awsome to see. Can't believe he was in the city. Hopefully next time you will have your camera.

hawkdriver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You see them around here once in a while. There's lake out to the west that they like to nest around. We fly by slow and you can see them sitting in their nests. Very, very cool. I heard on the History channel the other day that Ben Franklin didn't want the Eagle to be the national bird. He said it was too aggressive and undignified or something along them lines. He wanted the turkey because it was wily, smart and more reserved. I think turkeys are very smart but I'm glad the Bald Eagle won out!View attachment 9491

powerboatr

living well in Texas
Reaction score
lance
you have a cabin very near the eagle capital of texas.... wait till spring
they sure are a sight

Zookie400

I WANNA GO FAST
Reaction score
there sure are more turkeys here than bald eagles! never saw one around here (in the wild).

i did see several in the black hills last time i was out there (about 15 years ago). BIG birds for sure!

trackspeeder

Stone Crusher
Reaction score
there sure are more turkeys here than bald eagles! never saw one around here (in the wild).

i did see several in the black hills last time i was out there (about 15 years ago). BIG birds for sure!

Zookster you need to go hang out by the Connecticut River. You will see them flying up and down the river .:sweet

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jarrburg