Ball joints....

Scot

;()
Reaction score
I saw another post a while back about ball joints. The poster said when they start making noise from being loose you can just tighten them some to remove the play that causes all the front end noise. Anyone had experience with this? How long can you get out of a bandaid repair like that to last???

CHPMustang

Reaction score
Tightening ball joints I'm not familiar with but I know when time comes for our OEM sealed ball joints to get replaced I'm going with greasable Moog's all the way!

:hail Complete Moog kit for $230.94 from Powerstrokeshop

Scot

;()
Reaction score
DUHHHHHH!!!!

OK! That was a stupid question! Someone here should have slapped me for asking it. I am sorry if I made anyone here dumber by reading my original post. :roflmao :dunno :roflmao

LeeParsons

High tech redneck
Reaction score
I've never heard of tightening ball joints to take out slack. The ball and socket themselves are what get slack in them, not the bolt and nut that hold them in place.

I just replaced both sides on my '99, $58.00 per side for greaseable Moog joints for O'Reily's.

WD40

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Scot, if you don't know the answer, it's not a dumb or stupid question here. Welcome to the other site. Glad to have you here.:sweet

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14