Banks boss hoss kit?

patrickc

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Has anybody installed a banks boss hoss kit on a 7.3 or 6.0? Are they as good as banks claims or are they full of it?

BamaSixGun

SDD Super Mod/Staff
Reaction score
Has anybody installed a banks boss hoss kit on a 7.3 or 6.0? Are they as good as banks claims or are they full of it?

patrick, i have put one on my 6.0, and i really like. i believe what they claim is true.

now others will tell you that you can build the same system for less money, and that would be true too.

i just like the convenience of getting everything i needed from one company.

JMHO

Tail_Gunner

CRJ & ERJ A&P Mech.
Reaction score
Are they as good as banks claims or are they full of it?

Full of **it. But it seems opinions vary along 6.0 or 7.3 lines.

If you have a 7.3, save your money. Get a MBRP 4" exhaust, an AFE, Tymar or AIS intake, gauges and mounting of your choice of style and mounting. Top it off with chip or programmer from DP-Tuner, Wildman, Beans or other reputable place.

Banks is overated and overpriced. I made that mistake several years ago and it cost me significantly to do it all over the right way.

If you examine Banks own test numbers, you will see that the numbers they claim are not at the max torque or HP point. If they claim a gain of 90 - 100 hp, it will be at some point well before or after the peak points. So in fact you might only see a maximum gain of say 50 hp at peak, when you are expecting a gain of 90 - 100 hp.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58