banks exhaust no cat still not loud

06 DSG SUPERDUTY

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
have a banks 4 in and no cat but the darn thing is still quite
is the banks exhaust just quite or is there something else i can do i dont want to eliminate the muffler but i would like it to be louder

BamaSixGun

SDD Super Mod/Staff
Reaction score
is the banks exhaust just quite or is there something else i can do i dont want to eliminate the muffler but i would like it to be louder

i have the banks dual 4" exhaust, and its sounds good to me. its got a nice rumble to it.

is yours a single exhaust?

muffler delete would make it louder, but then it might be too loud.:dunno

Tail_Gunner

CRJ & ERJ A&P Mech.
Reaction score

My experience with Banks is that there wasn't enough of anything, noise, hp, torque, quality, smoke or durability.

I eventually ditched the entire Banks package and got better stuff based on the combined gained knowledge and experience of myself and other forum members here and other Powerstroke websites.

I feel highly confident that my 7.3 as it is now equiped, will put any otherwise stock 7.3 equiped with any Banks package alone to shame.

I just wish that the experience and knowledge I acquired over time hadn't cost me so much $$$.

06 DSG SUPERDUTY

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
i got the single exhaust
first i bought a bully dog but that kit didnt fit for some reason no matter what i did so i sent it back and got the banks. a buddy of mine has the bully dog on his dodge and it is way to loud. i think that taking the muffler off complety would b to loud on long trips. does banks make a louder muffler didnt se one on the website but u never know

clwalker3

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
i have a bully dog 5" kit on mine and i love it , its not really loud just wistles alot i get alot of compliments on it, i dont have a cat either. the only time its loud is when i crack into it then its LOUD! but it all sounds very well , i have an edge platinum which i dont like but i think when its on higher levels it makes it louder could be me. but anyway it sounds well

Race22

Jim
Reaction score
Look at my race vidio. I run a MBRP exhaust without a muffler or CAT. It is not that loud. It has a helicopter sound to it at low throttle settings but I love the way it sounds at WOT.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58