Banks power info plz

devgru2011

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
All i have on my truck is an EGR delete, Banks ram air intake. I do not have exhaust yet. I was looking at the high-ram manifold intake without the intercooler upgrade. Any opinions?

Hoosierdiesel

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Im new here but with the intake mod you already have I would look to invest in exhaust before another intake mod. More air in needs to have a way to let more air out....

Jetpilot1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The stock intake has been shown to be good to very high power levels (higher than what you are pulling) but with superior filtering. I'd stick with stock on the intake, you can spend your money better somewhere else.

6.0PSD777

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The stock intake has been shown to be good to very high power levels (higher than what you are pulling) but with superior filtering. I'd stick with stock on the intake, you can spend your money better somewhere else.

X2 the stock intake's are good for up to 500hp and filter way better than any washable media.

devgru2011

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score

Im not talking about the air filter intake, that was replaced a while ago and had given me up to 2.5 - 3 mpg extra. I have the banks RAM air intake. The manifold intake im looking to do (after exhaust) is this one:

Banks Power | 03-07 Ford - 6.0L Power Stroke>>High-Ram® Intake

devgru2011

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
one other thing, when i do my exhaust, i definately want to get a test pipe to putting on and off the CAT, depending on the state im in. But what is the benefits have deleting the muffler with a delete pipe? I might have to put it back on when i get stationed in cali, but i want to see if there are benefits.

Also, is there anyone here from Cali? Im hearing different stories here, like if your diesel truck is a certain age, when it gets inspected they wont do an emissions test. Is this true?

DaveBen

SDD Senior Member
Reaction score
Diesel trucks from California are starting inspections NOW. Even the newest diesels are getting inspected. I am not sure how far back this inspection goes, but it is happening right now. They seem to be doing a visual inspection for ALL of the required equipment, like the EGR, etc. When it is inspected they do a smoke test, which means the rev up the motor and look for any smoke. I have not had to smog my truck yet. It will be due soon.

Dave

devgru2011

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Diesel trucks from California are starting inspections NOW. Even the newest diesels are getting inspected. I am not sure how far back this inspection goes, but it is happening right now. They seem to be doing a visual inspection for ALL of the required equipment, like the EGR, etc. When it is inspected they do a smoke test, which means the rev up the motor and look for any smoke. I have not had to smog my truck yet. It will be due soon.

Dave

If you read diesel power mag as much as i do, i just read an article in the recent one about this very situation. There are actually counties in Cali that either do basic, extensive or now emissions. Check it out.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58