Question Banks Six-Gun with speedloader

jpringle83

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I haven't had any problems with my six-gun and I run it on 5 for regular driving and 6 with adjusted fueling parameters more fuel in the first couple gears then backed down once up to speed and egt's are never a problem. As far as their customer service went I had to send it back because of a problem and it was well out of warranty all I had to pay for was shipping. The trans learning curve isn't as bad as what they want either. I have found the lower levels to be virtually useless though no mpg increase whatsoever.

caissiel

Laurent
Reaction score
I have an E-con that works wonders for me. I feel if you want to keep your truck for a long time you will drive it that way. I never pass the 90% load on my trottle and I can spin the tires at most gear in town. My Scangauge MPG has to be set at 1.17% and 1.43% on the 2 settings. That tells me that most programers do change the fuel used indicator up a bit. I first though that the truck was 43% better with the program but so far it has been 3 to 6 MPG better. To get 6MPG better, I have to be on cruise and 55MPH. and at 65MPH it goes down by 3MPG.

keanoknick

Big Stroker
Reaction score
I ran the Banks 6gun w/PDA for over 2 years, almost always on level 7 (speed Loader) It was ok, but I still managed to blow my headgaskets with it. Also it only dynoed 357 hp at the wheels. I finally got rid of that thing, and got an SCT with custom tunes from Tony Wildman, and let me tell you, the SCT is FAR BETTER, and has alot more power. I'm going to the dyno next Sat. to get some actual numbers. Oh yeah, Banks has NO tuning to your tranny, SCT reprograms the tranny, for the power, and is alot better for the tranny.

kingkevindavid

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I would be interested to see what your numbers are with the SCT. I had the same setup as you and sold it as well because I felt I was pushing my head gasket luck.

I may have the head studs intalled down the road and get a SCT tuner with custom tunes.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58