Banks Techni-Cooler??

PainTrain

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
I was just wondering if anyone in here as experience with the intercooler from banks. I have an 05 250 with some minor mods and am looking into getting an intercooler. I was just wondering how much of a difference these things make and how much more power i am looking to gain. Also how much would it lower the egt's? I am just looking for some input. Thanks in advance for any replies.

97CREWCABPSD

Smoke What Smoke Officer?
Reaction score
you already have an intercooler but i dont know how much if any difference will be made.

JustMeandMyZ

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
I guess if you look at the specs from bankspower.com, I think you will find what you are looking for. I have read good things about that intercooler and I am definately going to put one in my truck once I get the money for it. Keep digging around and I'm pretty sure you will come to a conclusion. Enjoy!!

PainTrain

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Thank you for the responses...I have checked with Banks and have gotten the info from they but I was wondering if there was somebody on here that has had actual real world experience with the system. So they could tell me the ups and downs to the system and how much of a difference it really makes. Thanks again for your reponses.

CSIPSD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Your not going to see any HP gains with just a IC upgrade (very small 5-10hp at most) but your EGT's will drop which will allow you to add more fuel for more HP!!! If your wanting to upgrade your IC, go with the Sperco, or DI unit, much better and about the same cost, if not cheaper...

www.dieselinnovations.com DI Intercooler

www.shop.blackwidowdiesel.com Sperco Intercooler

Last edited:

PainTrain

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
I just want to clear up that i do not have a 7.3. I have a 2005 6.0L..Does these companies make reliable IC's for 6.0's or just the 7.3?

lukecline

Full Access Member
Reaction score
diperformance.com also was working on a drop in upgrade, havent heard anything about it lately though.

luke

BamaSixGun

SDD Super Mod/Staff
Reaction score
i have a 6.0 and also have the banks big hoss bundle, like CSIPSD said, you wont see any major HP gains from just the IC, it takes all the components to get full adv. from the IC. the IC is just making it possible to throw more cool dence air down the air intakes throat.

along with the bigger boost tubes, high ram air intake, and a tuner/chip/programmer, thats when you will see the big gains.

if i am wrong, please, somebody correct me.

with what you have in your sig, it sounds like you would benefit from a bigger IC, it sure wouldn't hurt, so i would say go for it.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14