banks vs 6.0 intercooler for a 7.3

oi8228oi

another 99
Reaction score
OB NJ, land of traffic, stop lights, stop signs, a
i would like to upgrade my intercooler in my 99.5 i was thinking about upgrading to either a 6.0's or a banks(for a 7.3) does any one have any opinions about this... is a 6.0s end caps strong enought for higher boost levels... retro fitting the tubes .... well i like the idea of the 6.0s cause they can be picked up reasonable cheap but at the same time the banks is made directly for my truck....

which will preform better... or would they perform the same?

thank you

mech2161

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I would go with a Spearco as the one I have. You can even go with the 6.0 size in a direct fit. The stock 6.0 is an improvement but nothing like the Spearco unit. Spool up is quicker and gives a drop in egt's. Give Larry a call http://www.discountpowerparts.com/ I'm sure he can fix you up. The 6.0 direct fit is custom and available but not necessary.

jopes

Full Access Member
Reaction score
mech2161 said:
I would go with a Spearco as the one I have. You can even go with the 6.0 size in a direct fit. The stock 6.0 is an improvement but nothing like the Spearco unit. Spool up is quicker and gives a drop in egt's. Give Larry a call http://www.discountpowerparts.com/ I'm sure he can fix you up. The 6.0 direct fit is custom and available but not necessary.

guess thier site does not have pictures or information on it.

mech2161

Full Access Member
Reaction score
No the coolers are new to them. I've got pics, click the link at the bottom. second page.

mech2161

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Turbonetics 7.3 replacement intercooler upgrade
50% more cooling volume than stock @20+ PSI of boost, the pressure drop was less than 1 PSI and over 200+ degrees of temperature

CSIPSD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Or 1100 for the banks Vs the 200 I found one at a Junk yard... I am going for the $200....

roosterdiesel

Earl needs B100
Reaction score
It was a no brainer for me! I can sell my 7.3 IC for more than I paid for the 6OH IC that's arriving tomorrow.:D Now I just have to order the new hose kit to replace all the weak stockers.

I won't need anything more than a 6.0 IC with my PMR's!:roflmao

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jarrburg