Question Batt. Desulphator

fordoor

SDD Member
Reaction score
I've recently replaced both my batt.'s w/ new 850 cca Motorcrafts. My old batt.'s were still going strong at 5.5 yrs. old but didn't want to press my luck. I know some of you use desulphators and wanted to know what kind would be the best to use? Some claim that you can double the life. Hard to believe, but it would be great. I'd really like to get schooled on these desulphators, and get one that I'm not wasting my money on. :dunno

DaveBen

SDD Senior Member
Reaction score
I use one, but I won't say that I get double the life. I get some more life, but I can't really say how much more. I got mine from Chubbydutchman (the sellers name) on Ebay. He has a store there. Look his name up under sellers name.

Dave

Tbar

SDD STAFF/Moderator
Reaction score
The battery charger/maintainer I got from Tractor Supply has a Desulphator function though I have never seen it in this mode.

Tbar

fordoor

SDD Member
Reaction score
I have four of these, they work great. They keep my motorcycle batteries topped up. I have one installed on a gas powered golf cart to keep it charged for more than 2 years no problems.

BatteryMINDer Battery Minder Batteryminders Battery Chargers Maintainers - Product Catalog
I guess the way to go is the onboard type for extending the life of my new batt.'s, and another charger/maintainer for the stored or infrequently used toys. Thank you for the great selection. :sweet

fordoor

SDD Member
Reaction score
I use one, but I won't say that I get double the life. I get some more life, but I can't really say how much more. I got mine from Chubbydutchman (the sellers name) on Ebay. He has a store there. Look his name up under sellers name.

Dave
Hi Dave. I checked out the BLS (battery life safer)type desulphator on E-bay. Is this the one you use? It looks good but is over twice as much as the onboard BatteryMinder brand. Is this a case of you get what you pay for, and may be worth the extra cost? Just looking for your input. Thanks.

DaveBen

SDD Senior Member
Reaction score
That is it, BLS. Thanks for the name, I did not remember. I have been very happy with mine. Works great.

Dave

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14