BATT sugestions

mille-ryan

Loco Parts Changer
Reaction score
Well go figure had the big X 2 weeks and the batt's have crapped out tonight.I shoulda checke dbetter on the eye indicator.But oh well need to get some replacemnets tomorrow and dont have tons too spend.Is the a certion systle or type I need or certian ones to stay away from.Info greatly appreciated.

W4RLR

High Tech Hillbilly
Reaction score
A lot of folks here will tell you that you can't go wrong with replacement Motorcraft batteries. Most aftermarket batteries are made by two big manufacturers, Johnson Controls being one of them.

oi8228oi

another 99
Reaction score
OB NJ, land of traffic, stop lights, stop signs, a
i always suggest staying away from Die Hard batts(sears brand). although they have good warrentee (spell check) and are very good about taking em back i still have had tooo many problem with em making me feel like there not worth it.

Crumm

Fordoholic
Reaction score
rray32539 said:
A lot of folks here will tell you that you can't go wrong with replacement Motorcraft batteries.
I am one of those guys that will tell you that Motorcrafts are the best out there. With that said I would venture to guess that yours are not bad yet since they are only 3 years old. I have a set that are 10 years old and still going strong. Clean the terminals and they might just come back to life. A little corrosion or looseness on the terminals will cause them to not get a good charge and appear to be dead. Are you sure the alternator is working? It could be the batteries but Motorcrafts usually last much longer than three years unless they have been severely abused.

DaveBen

SDD Senior Member
Reaction score
There is a device you can plug into your batteries that will "desulphate" them. THis is the leading cause of batteries going bad. Look at; www.batterylifesaver.com for more info about the desulphator. I have one and I can tell it is working.

Dave :)

mille-ryan

Loco Parts Changer
Reaction score
Thanks, I know one pos terminal had a lot of corrosion buildning up on it, i cleaned a bunch off, just didnt have baking soda at the time to clean up good.When I bet the vehicl eI noticed it seemd slow to crank too, plus the batts look real nasty on top like they,ve leaked some.Luckily I was able to jump it with a friends bubran last night so I at least both werent dead.Where can you have the batts checked out?

Djracer

Car Stereo Dude
Reaction score
you can use a coke if you don't have baking soda! I'd take all 4 terminal off and clean throughly and tighten them up and charge over night with a 2 amp charge!

X-Hibition

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you want to get your batteries checked, and definitely have a load test done, you can go to most places that sell batteries. They usually check them for free, and some will charge them for free (Les Schwab in the Northwest).

It's good customer service, so auto parts and tire shops like to do it.

mille-ryan

Loco Parts Changer
Reaction score
Thanks all, a friend of mine works at a jeep dealer and he checked em out.The batts checked good just need charged, the alt however is only puttin out 12.4 V or so.Contacted my dealer to see if its covered on no, so Ill see in a day or so.

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58