Batteries goin bad...already

Dieselpwrdredneck

Addicted2Diesel
Reaction score
In Dec., 2010, i got 2 new Harris Batteries. now this winter if i didnt drive my truck for a week or so they would drain to the point of a no start. so i got a battery tender, to keep them alive and its been workin so far. tonight i tested the electrolights and all but 1 cell is "fair" but not good, and 1 cell is bad.
It seems like they shoulda lasted longer? What kinda batteries do you run? all the batteries i looked at were only 850 cca so thats what i got in 2010, except for Napa brand they were 875 cca, i got the Harris because i have had good luck with those in equipment before. Any opinions or thoughts?

Thanks
Neal

BIG JOE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
:dunno In my 2K, I had 2 960cca Die-Hard Platuim AGM's. Had'm for 3+ years.. No Issues at all.

JMO but I don't think the Stock Alternaters put out enough [running amps], to keep up with 2 batteries in the grouping our PSD's need. Especailly if it's not driven daily. Cold starts puts a real drain on'm.. if they're not driven for any time, or run time.. the batts never get a Good Recharge ?

Joe

DaveBen

SDD Senior Member
Reaction score
I have modified my driving style this Winter. I used to drive my truck for a day, each week. It did great with this program, until this winter. Now I drive it twice a week for 30 miles+ to keep everything lubed and to get it HOT enough to boil off any water in the oils. The battery gets charged nicely on this schedule.

Dave

JLDickmon

ursus combibo
Reaction score
that's gotta have a draw...
KAM's in the modules draw milliamps.. two months of sitting wouldn't be enough to drain them..

Dieselpwrdredneck

Addicted2Diesel
Reaction score
load tested them the other day, one was completely shot other one wasnt too bad. got the ones from Napa 875 CCA. give them a try and look for a draw

RSG

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have gotten 4 or 5 years from each set. But i drive almost daily too. Now alternators...well, that's another story.

BigRedJeep

Mind if I Smoke
Reaction score
I went thru many " blems" for a good buddy hook up and the would not last a year.
I went with interstate 850cca and the have been great since 2010. I have only driven the
Truck about once a month this year and it still starts great. Minus the cloud of white
Smoke... And the slippin clutch do to the fuel leak. But that's another story.

BigRedJeep

Mind if I Smoke
Reaction score
I went thru many " blems" for a good buddy hook up and the would not last a year.
I went with interstate 850cca and the have been great since 2010. I have only driven the
Truck about once a month this year and it still starts great. Minus the cloud of white
Smoke... And the slippin clutch do to the fuel leak. But that's another story.

Rickikoska

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
The activity of the animal beings has become acutely active everywhere on this earth. Bodies do not get time to booty a blow for a while. With the accretion use of altered gadgets of Gps Jammer, the possibilities of accepting the aboriginal of blow accept absolutely finished. The adaptable phones or the corpuscle phones are some of these accessories that accumulate the bodies consistently in blow with the alfresco world. The adaptable building are additionally accessible about everywhere these canicule and due to this the accessibility of the Cell Phone Jammer has become alike added quick and authentic. Today, you cannot break out of ability of these adaptable building as their signals can bolt your about anywhere. The bearings of bodies who accord to altered business professions has become actual analytical of wifi jammer as their authorities bolt them anywhere any moment.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58