Batteries?

Maintain

Platinum Edition
Reaction score
I have several times needed a jump after leaving my door open, or keys in the ignition beeping, or radio playing for a little while so I figured I needed new batteries. I went to WalMart to get my batteries tested, they told me to pull her around and they could do it then. By the time (3.5 minutes later) I got to the service area, they adv it was going to be about an hour because they just got another job. So I left, and went to Advanced Auto and asked for the battery test. Both batteries turned out to be "good" according to their machine. I am still convinced after needing just a LITTLE juice this morning after not being run for about 2 days that I need new batteries. SO I called around and this is what I found...

minimum of 850 Cold Crankin amps.

Advance Auto (410) 620-0093 - $76.46 = $160.57 65 series out of stock
Wal Mart (410) 398-1070 - $62.28 = $124.56 Maxx 850 crank
Pep Boys (302) 368-1828 - $84.99 = $169.98 Boush ?crank
Napa (410) 398-4664 - no answer
Autozone (410) 398-9044 - $59.99 = $125.979 Duralast - 7 yr warr 935 crank
$79.99 = $167.98 Gold Duralast - 8 yr warr 1000 crank
Keller (410) 398-1515 - no answer

SEEMS THE GOLD DURALAST IS THE BEST CHOICE. JUST WONDERIN IF YA'LL FIGURED THE SAME OR NOT...

BigBluThnder

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
You want 1000 crank hrs - I just put NEW motorcraft (Ford) in mine - little more $$ - but good stuff. ($99) I think.

Maintain

Platinum Edition
Reaction score
Haven't located a place that sells motorcraft, and I'm not going to order batteries so if I can find them I'll get them but otherwise I'm thinking the Gold DuraLast.

W4RLR

High Tech Hillbilly
Reaction score
O'Reilly sells Motorcraft, as does your local Ford dealer parts counter. The batteries at the dealership were only slightly higher priced than the ones at O'Reilly for the same CCA. But it's the very same battery that went in your truck. I think Johnson Controls makes them for Ford.

Maintain

Platinum Edition
Reaction score
rray32539 said:
O'Reilly sells Motorcraft, I think Johnson Controls makes them for Ford.

Funny and good thing you said that, my co-worker offered to get her mom to check on her battery stock. She works for Johnson Controls in Middletown DE, so hopefully I'll be getting the best ones, cheapest straight from the factory!

BIGBLUECREW

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
I think that the factory battery is the best.. Go with Motorcraft. It also includes a 3 year free replacement guarentee.

Frank:burnit

Maintain

Platinum Edition
Reaction score
Well I approached a buddy of mine that does the AAA battery service today in the work parking lot. I asked him if he could do a load test since Autozone couldn't. He said sure and went and tested my batteries. We d/c one of them and then tested each individually 2 times. One came up with 54% life left (passed) and the other had %34% life left (in lingo). He said my problem might be the 34% one, and that all I really need to do is change that one and see what happens. He also did a running charge test, and my alternator came back fine.

I think I'm just going to eat the $ and replace both now, and use the one with the 54% as like a backup, or run my trolling motor on it lol. I am going to clean the terminals well and run it like that for a while, maybe 2 weeks until next pay check so I got a bit more cash available.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58