Battery Connector Replacement

threejacks

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The positive connector on my 95 PSD (passenger side) needs replacing. It is corroded on the connector, about two inches down the cable going to the starter, cable going to driver side clean and good shape, and small cable good shape. Connector at post is very corroded. I need connector that will accept two large cables and one small cable. What is everyone using for this replacement. Stealer ask $116.00 for full replacement harness, I only need one connector.

powerboatr

living well in Texas
Reaction score
once the corrosion starts down the path of the insulation, even two inches, in the long run you would be better off changing the whole lead, (because the bug is already eating away at the inner parts of the cable) then protect it with a good CRC or other corrosion preventive compound like acf-50 or the like.
but yes there are replacement ends sold as "EMERGENCY" thats just what they are a temp fix. you could spray the crc down the insulation to inhibit further corrosion action, but its just going to eat away out of sight then fail or overheat and fail and leave you stranded.

$116.00 seems high, did you price napa or peep boys, or ooooriellies or advance, autozone(autoshack),

use this
that is what i use on my terminals, its clear and forms a protective barrier that lasts about 6 months when applied to a clean terminal.

Last edited:

threejacks

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I agree on full replacement but wanted to save some $$$$. Second Dealer 40 miles away has one for $96.00, NAPA $109.00, Autozone $109.00, Advance:sorry
We don't have an O'rielly's here. I was surprised Atuozone had one when Advance didn't.:dunno

threejacks

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I must have overlooked it there. That's alot better price than locally. His retail is even cheaper than local stealer and same price as one 40 miles away.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14