Battery Desulphater

JoeCamper

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Since our trucks use two expensive batteries, is it worth it to have a battery desulphater? Do they really work and, if so, which one do you buy?

DaveBen

SDD Senior Member
Reaction score
Yes they do work. They are used more for the solar industry, where the batteries are constantly charges and discharged. I have had one for many years and it is called a Battery Life Saver ( batterylifesaver.com ). eBay has them all of the time.

Dave

powerboatr

living well in Texas
Reaction score
I have a set up on my Rv that de-sulfates the batteries on a schedule, after so many discharges and top offs
it also monitors battery temps, charger transformer temps as well as loads and of course charging
it seems to work so far.
the odd thing is it brings the batteries up to over 14 volts for a period and this causes all the 12v lighting in the coach to be very bright, so we turn em off until it starts the step down phase
I have 4 years on my batteries now

powerboatr

living well in Texas
Reaction score
I have a converter in my RV that is a 4 stage charger and de-sulfates the batteries. I just got it a couple of weeks ago and just came back from a weeks vacation. I didn't notice the light getting bright, but it could have done it while we were sleeping or out. This is the converter I got: http://www.progressivedyn.com/rv_converter_pd9270_2.html

it may not be on an automatic setup
mine had to be setup
i have progressives surge guard....fantastic 6 years runnig

powerboatr

living well in Texas
Reaction score
Their surge guard is my next purchase! :)

it will save your bacon
mine is a hardwired version with a remote panel in the bedroom. i had it my 2006 cedar creek then took it out and put it in the bus
it has saved me soooo many times
it will flat not let bad power come in the the coach. best 600 you will ever spend

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
castellscl