Battery Drainage?

BIG JOE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have interstate megatrons.
alternator is fine because when i drive the batteries charge and will stay recharged as i drive constantly its only if the truck sits for like overnight do they drain

where is the AIH solenoid and disconnect? i Might try that....any way to tell if its stuck "on"?

and all connections are nice and clean!

The AIH is on the input (left) side of the Y pipe. The relay for it is just down and to the left, with a heavy gauge wire leading to the AIH, center lug.

With the Key Off.. Connect a Test Light or Volt meter to the center lug. The light/meter.. Should Not indicate any voltage at all.

Joe

Last edited:

Stroked68

This is FORD Country
Reaction score
The AIH will drain the batteries really fast, within half hr. Plus at night you will see the heater body glowing red up by the intake tubes.

DOC-MX

FOREIGN MEMBER
Reaction score
If previous test doesn't work try removing both positive terminals tie one out of way so not to touch anything ,take other terminal and put a voltmeter or test light between battery post & terminal if you get more than 3-4 volts or light is on you have a drain. Make sure everything is off while doing this. If you find voltage or light start pulling fuses 1 by1. When light goes out you have found the circuit that is causing your drain, Good Luck..
Also works to take the test light and substitute a fuse if you have a dead short that keeps blowing fuses

;tu

Bdons SD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Could be a shot in the dark. Do you have keyless entry? If so how's the battery on your key fob? If the key fob battery is almost dead it will send a weak signal and "confuse" the receiver and the relay will drain the battery over night. Found that out the hard way ha ha. I had my batteries tested many times and I was stumped. I finally got around to changed the battery in my key fob and then no more dead battery. I double checked this online and with my truck guy.

Sent from my iThingy using Tapatalk

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58