comment Battery Life

DaveBen

SDD Senior Member
Reaction score
How long do your batteries last? Two years? I got tired of changing out my batteries that often in my diesel truck, so I looked into a BATTERY LIFE SAVER DESULFATOR that I found on eBay. Here is a link: BATTERY LIFE SAVER DESULFATOR - BLS-12/24-C--FREE SHIP - eBay (item 250235069333 end time Jan-04-09 06:41:49 PST)

I bought one a few years ago and I finally had to change out my batteries yesterday, after four and a half years and almost 100,000 miles. For the price of these Desulphators ($119.95) you can double your battery life. I do NOT have anything to do with this seller, and I make NO money off of this. Just some good FREE advice. Check it out.

Dave

02stroker

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Had new batteries installed in mine when I bought it. The place I got the truck at installed Bosch batteries. They have been in just over 4 years and never had any trouble with them. Biggest thing is keeping the connections clean.

dieselredneckva

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Usually mine last about 4yrs. Like everyone else has said you have to keep the connections clean. When every one battery is in need of replacing i always replace both though since i know the other is more than likely close behind. I have OPTIMA brand batteries running in 2of my trucks. VERY Expensive but i like them.

kingkevindavid

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My OEM's are still going strong, just over 4 years and 60,000 miles. I keep the terminals clean and haven't had a problem. Maybe the warmer NC weather helps with the longevity.

no-red 6 0

Senioritis
Reaction score
funny you should bring this up..

my OEM's original, 9/03-present w/ ~75k are taking a dump. won't hold a charge in our cold weather, actually won't start truck unless i have the heater plugged in... keep in mind i ran a plow for 5 years on it too.

so, i am in need of new batteries... dave, thanks for the info - i will go check it out...

btw: anyone have thoughts/opinions on replacements?

Tail_Gunner

CRJ & ERJ A&P Mech.
Reaction score
btw: anyone have thoughts/opinions on replacements?

In about 2 months, I'll be celebrating my 10th anniversary with my truck.

About 2 months ago, I put in the third set of batteries this truck has seen since it was built. The beast wouldn't start in the morning with temps still above freezing. I saw that the end of one battery was bulged out, which is a sign of a battery that is shot.

I did some looking around at Napa, Car Quest, Advance, Walmart and even the battery supplier where we get our RV batteries at work. I decided on getting TITANIUM batteries from Advance. While neither the cheapest or most expensive, they did have the best warranty, a 72 month/ 3 year free replacement. (The ones at Walmart were only 2 years if I recall.) They seemed to me to be the best bang for the buck.

Last edited:

JLDickmon

ursus combibo
Reaction score
two NAPA Legends in mine.. fresh last summer... replace a pair of Motorcrafts that were new when I bought the truck, a touch over 4 years ago... one tested junk after the IDM fiasco...

Crumm

Fordoholic
Reaction score
How long do your batteries last?
I will let you know when they die. I have the origonal batterys out of my 96' in my 75' - not sure why I changed them out :confused: Also still have the original battery in our 95' Explorer and 05' F150. I did put a new battery in my 42' GPW the other day as it was a little weak ;)

ponyexpress94

Diesel Power Junkie
Reaction score
I just replaced the original Motorcraft batteries in my truck in November. The truck had about 35,000 miles at that point and the first cold morning the truck wasn't plugged in I had to cycle the glow plugs a second time because the glow plugs weren't warming up and it seemed a little sluggish when cranking. I'm hoping I'll get 5 years out of the new set of Motorcraft batteries as well.

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58