Battery Light on

rammertide07

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hello everyone, got an issue with the battery light. It came on the other day when I came to work. When I come to work, I have to go up front (turn my truck off) to control...pull keys and a radio and then leave again to drive 1/4mile to the warehouse. From the time I left the front parking lot and that 1/4 mile the light had come on and went back off. So didn't think to much of it

This morning it came on again on the way to work. My radar detector has a voltage display and it was reading 11.8/.9v. Usually its reading 14.2. So I'm going to the auto parts store to have the batteries and alt tested. If the alternator is bad I would like to replace it with a higher amp alternator to help keep my batteries charged on the short runs I make. I've looked at autozone and those were all 110amp. NAPA had some 130 and 200, but that was for a 450....couldn't find 350 with their search method under "medium/heavy duty truck". Ford lists some of the 110 amp alternators as "same as 130 amp":dunno Batteries I got are less than 1.5yrs old and I want to say they are dry cell 1000/CCA. Would a 200 amp alternator go on my truck without having to beaf up anything else? Any suggestions on where to get a h/o alternator? This is my first rodeo with all this so hopefully ya'll got some suggestions.

THANKS!!!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58