Help Needed Battery/Surge protector questions

BamaSixGun

SDD Super Mod/Staff
Reaction score
I bought one of these used on ebay, but in working condition. It didn't come with any instructions so I need some help.

Which battery should I put it on? and Do I just hook the black wire up on the ground of the battery or on the chassis?

DaveBen

SDD Senior Member
Reaction score
It looks like the black goes to the negative post and the red cable to the positive post. Then hook the Cable going to the relay to the post on the Protector. I am not sure why you want this?

Dave :)

BamaSixGun

SDD Super Mod/Staff
Reaction score
It looks like the black goes to the negative post and the red cable to the positive post. Then hook the Cable going to the relay to the post on the Protector. I am not sure why you want this?

Dave :)

Well, I bought in case I was ever using my 12v outlet for an extended time, it would still allow me to start the truck.

jestersv

7.3 addict
Reaction score
I would think you would need 2 of them one for each,because that will only shut down one battery right or am I looking at it wrong.

Last edited:

Zookie400

I WANNA GO FAST
Reaction score
i was thinking about getting one of those for my sister. she has issues with turning things off....

Scooter

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you only have one, since the batteries are in parallel, I would put it on the battery on the passenger side of the truck. Make sure that both batteries are going through it. You might need to snip some wires and put new ends on to make it work for our trucks. You could use two, with one off the drivers side, and then another representing the two posts on the passenger side. It would probably be a cleaner setup, and preserve your batteries better.

BamaSixGun

SDD Super Mod/Staff
Reaction score
If you only have one, since the batteries are in parallel, I would put it on the battery on the passenger side of the truck. Make sure that both batteries are going through it. You might need to snip some wires and put new ends on to make it work for our trucks. You could use two, with one off the drivers side, and then another representing the two posts on the passenger side. It would probably be a cleaner setup, and preserve your batteries better.

I installed it on the driver's side. Isn't that the main battery and the pass. side gets it's power from the driver's side?

It was real easy to install on the driver's side is one reason I put it there.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58