Question Battery Time

RJDiesel

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It is time for me to replace my batteries in my rig and I am leaning towards the Duralast Gold. I would like to know if anyone has used these and If they like them? :watchout

KRISTOLSON

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I haven't had good luck with walmart or fleet farm batteries if that helps? Truck seems to kill them in 3 years no matter what. Duralast gold has the 3 year free replacement, that sounds like a good plan to me.

RSG

Full Access Member
Reaction score
MotoCraft at the local Ford dealer: $110 each with core. Within $10 of what I paid 5 years ago..."on sale" !

Smoky

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have the Bosch batteries at the 1000/850 amp rating. If I have to replace them I will go with the Motorcraft 850 amp batteries myself. I havent seen them on sale at $110 yet but I have seen the 750 amps for that price. Maybe you can catch them on sale or something as stated. I did buy a new pair of MC batteries last month when I thought my Boschs were going out but I carried them back 2 days later as my batteries were not my problem.

BTW, the MC batteries will not let the battery cover go on on the driver's side unless you unclip the handle from the battery. Store the handle somewhere for future use as the batteries are heavy and awkward to get in and out of the truck.

Dogman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I try to run motorcraft 1000/875 ccc. But they stop making them.

willie "D"

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
I'm running Duralast golds 850 cca /1000 ca, been in over a year, no problems with batteries. passenger side handle gets in the way of the battery clamp, but you can take it loose put positive clamp on and put the handle back on. this way you can do one battery at a time and still keep 12v to the truck. reprograming the radio's a pain!:lmao

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58