Question Battery's

IDSTROKER

Blackfoot ID
Reaction score
Hello everyone it's been a while just been busy. Ok i noticed that my tk has been turning over slower when starting so i used a battery tester to check battery's so i unhooked both battery's tested the drivers side when we hooked it up it showed 12.8 v hit the test switch it drop to 12.4 v this battery good passenger battery hooked up 12.6 v hit the switch needle went to 0 v battery no good. BUT hook battery up only the passenger side and the truck will crank over and start so is this battery good or bad..:dunno

BIG JOE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
1 good battery and 1 weak battery, wired together (in parallel) will create a weak combination.. for Start loads.

1 good, or 1 weak battery may start the truck.. but not long term.

Always been my take on it, with these high compression diesels :dunno

Joe

If it checked weak.. it's weak.. and needs to be replaced. Rule of thumb ? Replace the Both.. with a pair of batteries built at the same time.

Last edited:

BIG JOE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You might wana retest them after they set overnight.. so any Surface Charge has dissipated... from any running/charging you've done today.

That's the Real Deal.. as far as load test results go.

Joe

IDSTROKER

Blackfoot ID
Reaction score
well just got back had someone else test them and the passenger side is shot has dead cell. Going to get 2 new batteries. Thanks big joe for your input..

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jarrburg