Bearings

dennisj2003

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I want to know if anyone has replaced the bearings in their frontend.
not the whole piece, but just press out the bearings only. and if you have the part #s for the bearings. Mine is an 04 250 4x4.

Thanks

sagebel

Stock? Pfft!
Reaction score
The bearings cannot be pressed out. They are a unit bearing. There are kits available to convert to the traditional spindle and bearings. Dynatrac and Solid Axle make them and they cost around $1800. I have the Solid Axle and am very happy with it. If you currently have auto hubs, they will go away with these kits. Dynatrac uses Warn and Solid Axle used Mile Marker.

caissiel

Laurent
Reaction score
I changed one bearing on mine in august. My aftermarket supplier price was over $600 and that was at wholesale price. I went to a Ford Dealer I never did business before and I was out the door with a total cost of $421.00, and that included a shaft seal and all canadian taxes. I was very impressed at the ease of instalation and the price. The only thing is that I could not remove the Dust shield (still good) behind the hub, and I didn't have a new replacement so I left it on for an other day. Its a real nice setup because all bearings are included when you change the hub including new Studs. When I did my Ranger front end I had to buy a lot of parts that came to a large amount of bucks.

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14