Beating that ole dead horse again.

sesco4

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
I've been looking at the EGR delete kits for my 05 F250 and with the different makers out there it makes it kinda hard to choose which one to get. I'm sure they all do the same thing but are they all built the same. I'm not wanting to start another debate but of the kits on the market which ones is the best all around ,quality, price and most importantly customer service. Also I understand that the kit will cause cels but will this hurt the truck cause I really don't have the funds to get both the kit and a tuner to remove the cels.

Thanks

majek5

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I was looking at the kits on ebay and called RCD to ask if they were really the same or what the differences are. They said that they have the best kit(of course) and explained why. If you look at the different kits there are differences. According to RCD, Sinister copied their delete, so they are basically the same. Have not heard anything good about RCD customer service. Most say that about the injectors, but if I have a problem I want answers. Bob at RCD said that if you don't get custom tunes after the delete the truck will not run right. I am in the same boat as you, I don't have the $$$ foir the delete and the SCT right now. Oh well.:dunno

Dogman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'd get the Delete kit and then get the tune later. Then once you have the tuner put the delete kit in. You still have the EGR in it's place it's just not getting any exhaust gasses.

shhorn68

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have not deleted mine...yet, but I have read whether or not you get a CEL depends on the year model of the truck.

snicklas

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
I have read the 03 and 04 trucks do not get a CEL.

Another option that I have heard is, when you do the delete, you can leave the EGR Valve connected to the electrical, just zip-tie it up and out of the way. This way the computer still thinks the EGR is there, it will even make it function, but all it is doing is moving the valve in open air since it is not in the intake.

I believe the computer only checks for the presence of the valve, and that it is moving throught the proper range of motion. I not not believe it knows "where" it is located, and if there is exhaust gasses present at the valve. As long as it is plugged in, and the valve is free to move, the computer does not care. If I am incorrect, please let me know.

roger2003

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have been looking at the delete kits and I'm looking for more feedback on the best kit at a low price. Didn't mean to hijack the post but I think it relates. Thanks in advance.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58