Because it's fun to share...

spindrift

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just learned about this upgrade. It appears to be a good alternative to the MagHytec and PML differential covers. I know, it's not an exact duplicate, but you can't go wrong for the price. Dealers have them for less but this vendor provides the hardware as well; all for $50. I'll be installing it Friday night just in time for a road trip this weekend. My uncle had to drop his Suburban in Waterbury, CT after it blew up on the way back from a vacation in Newfoundland. I'll be fetchin' the Burb with 20' open car trailer.

I've taken the liberty of copying some of the info from the vendor's site. Since I don't know whether or not they are a supporting vendor of this site, I'm attempting to protect the innocent. Someone give me the go-ahead and I'll post the link.

This genuine Ford 12-Bolt 10.25 & 10.50 rear differential cover fits 1986-2008 single rear wheel 2WD/4WD F250, F350, E250 and E350 vehicles. The cooling fins on this cover will reduce diff temp substantially. Aluminum construction does not rust. This is the differential cover that comes standard on all 2008 Superduty trucks. Does not hold any more fluid than what the factory specifies. Because this cover is thicker than the stock unit, we've included longer corrosion-resistant fasteners.

jvencius

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just learned about this upgrade. It appears to be a good alternative to the MagHytec and PML differential covers. I know, it's not an exact duplicate, but you can't go wrong for the price. Dealers have them for less but this vendor provides the hardware as well; all for $50. I'll be installing it Friday night just in time for a road trip this weekend. My uncle had to drop his Suburban in Waterbury, CT after it blew up on the way back from a vacation in Newfoundland. I'll be fetchin' the Burb with 20' open car trailer.

I've taken the liberty of copying some of the info from the vendor's site. Since I don't know whether or not they are a supporting vendor of this site, I'm attempting to protect the innocent. Someone give me the go-ahead and I'll post the link.

This genuine Ford 12-Bolt 10.25 & 10.50 rear differential cover fits 1986-2008 single rear wheel 2WD/4WD F250, F350, E250 and E350 vehicles. The cooling fins on this cover will reduce diff temp substantially. Aluminum construction does not rust. This is the differential cover that comes standard on all 2008 Superduty trucks. Does not hold any more fluid than what the factory specifies. Because this cover is thicker than the stock unit, we've included longer corrosion-resistant fasteners.

This upgrade is pretty well-known already. There's a thread in the General forum re: it.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14