Bed Flex?

Zookie400

I WANNA GO FAST
Reaction score
check the tailgate bushings / adjustment on the strikers.

also, check the inside corners where the bedsides meet the bed floor, on the rear facing surface, your bed may be cracking apart and flexing too much causing the noise. mine is :)

i can post pics if you need, let me know.

95_stroker

Jefe
Reaction score
My bed on my 95 flexed quite alot (ahem... when driven in certain conditions) and I never experienced the popping you describe. But my bed was in good shape, no cracks or worn bushings.

Diesel Kinevel

97 Stroker
Reaction score
Ok thanks for the help. I was just wondering because it does it at weird times like when Im turning uphill. (not really my idea of 4X4 bed flexing like 95 stroker is thinkin of...:sly)

Patrick Feeley

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You can always try tightening the fender bolts by the hood hinges (sounds stupid I know, but its helped many folks with strange popping noises). Cheers!

94f450sd

certified nutjob
Reaction score
as patrick says plus check the radius arm bushings if your truck is 2WD.i have put mine in some 4 wheeling situations but never hear a pop from my bed.just the radius arms.

Zookie400

I WANNA GO FAST
Reaction score
Ok thanks for the help. I was just wondering because it does it at weird times like when Im turning uphill. (not really my idea of 4X4 bed flexing like 95 stroker is thinkin of...:sly)

sounds a lot like my truck. i know my noise is coming from the tailgate.

Diesel Kinevel

97 Stroker
Reaction score
sounds a lot like my truck. i know my noise is coming from the tailgate.

my tailgate is a little loose and doesnt fit snug. It has about an inch and a half of play foreward and back. I guess that could be the problem but it throws me off because it sounds like the noise is coming from right behind me....so i dunno:dunno

BJS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Diesel take the tailgate off and drive around I imagine that you'll find that the noise is coming from the tailgate and this little experiment is easy and costs you nothing other than the diesel to drive around.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14