bed liners?

bushpilot

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i did the DIY herculiner...i wouldnt do it again.
xylene or acetone will remove it from your skin.

the herculiner wont hold up under heavy use...i sanded
my bed/paint...i didnt just SKUFF the shine off it w/ a 3m pad
like they suggest....so i KNOW its not a bonding/prep issue.

it is easily touched up though....im probably gonna give mine
an new/fresh coat...I only did my floor, front wall, tail gate &
wheel wells

architect-builder

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Have had a Rhino since truck was 2 days old! Very happy with its durability. My truck is used hard and I don't always think before I throw. :roflmao

FWIW, we also have the top of our Brush Trucks Rhino'd. Makes if very nice when your up there with the hose/water as your running through the brush on a wild fire, slipping off would not be a good option. :eek:

Barrett

Buffs F-350

Full Access Member
Reaction score

The rhino is a 1/4" on the floor and 1/8" on the sides I've thrown some heavy stuff in the bed and no dents, scratches nothin. It did fade but the bed is for haulin stuff not showin. I've never had a linex but I looked at my friends when he had it done and we compared the two his is thin it looks good but it look like it wont protect from dents. I agree with bush on the rollon liners a guy at work did his dodge with it and i've peeled it off with my hand. This is all just my opinion and im shure some will dissagre

Historichouseguy

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Bed liners

Thanks all for the insight on bed liners. In summary ti goes back to "You get what you pay for" guess I'll be careful chucking firewood until I put the Rhino in.

PS Had a guy help with my blown oil lines and the diesel has not missed a beat since. Next will be a tranny service and winterize with new coolant and ford additive. We are also getting ready to do some cool grafiics off my website on the sides off that big Arctic white box!
Historichouseguy:thanks :

Hungry&Fat

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
You can't beat Line_X's Nationwide lifetime warranty. Chances are, you won't have to use it, check out the things I do at work in our gallery. Millennium Line-X & Truck Accessories of Indianapolis and Greenwood We have samples of all my work on there. To find out all the benefits of Line-X, check out their website at www.go-linex.com I hope this doesnt impose on any rules or anything, if it does let me know. Just thought I could help out and show some samples of what can be done.

TLO11

Papermaker
Reaction score
I'm sure Line-X is a great product but when I have to get my next one done, I am definitely getting Rhino again. The bed of my '06 has been abused since I had it sprayed and it still looks great!!!

Hungry&Fat

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
What ever Liner company you decide to go with. There are a few things that can be done to make your liner nicer. Ask them to remove all of your tie downs, bed bolts, inspection plate when they spray it. That way if you have to remove your bed for some reason. It can be done with ease without your liner being all cut up to get to your bed bolts. Also, see if any of the Rhino dealers in your area apply a High Pressure Liner. As far as the comment about Rhino Being 1/4" on the floor and 1/8" on the sides, that is standard for Line-x also. It all really depends on the applicator though. If your Rhino is a Low Pressure system, then it will not be even on the floor, the liner will puddle in the valleys in the bed making it thicker there, but thinner on the tops. Now if it is applied High Pressure, it will be even through out. Our Material dries in 3-5 seconds. I know the High Pressure Rhino is around 5 seconds also. If anyone has any questions about either, I would be more than happy to give an answer, just PM me. I've sprayed Line-X for 3 years now and have experience with other bed liner brands.

BigBlock

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Here's some pics of LINE-X Xtra. No fading or loss of gloss, fortified with Dupont Kevlar, 70 psi stronger tear strength than Rhino and a 25 degree higher temperature tolerance than Rhino.

KingRanch4.jpg

White3.jpg

Ford1.jpg

Daytona1.jpg

TundraSlate.jpg

Chevymatch1.jpg

F450charcbeige1.jpg

BigBlock

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
If your bedliner, no matter what the brand, looks like the pic below, LINE-X has a new patented product called ReNew. The ReNew process includes the use of Xtra. So, with ReNew, the bedliner will be returned to black and will stay black.
Rhino23.jpg

Black LINE-X Xtra in a Ford SD. My dog (on the right) is guarding it. :D
08FordSD2.jpg

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14