Bed Liners

Kleetus

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've been looking at stuffing a bed liner out back, and hit a bit of a question. I'm going sprayed, but who? I know Rhino seen them a lot nice liners. Now there's this Line-X thing out there. sorta the same, but the process, and chemical is totally different. Anybody have an opinion? (maybe I should rephrase that...) :roflmao

Tx_Atty

Master Baiter
Reaction score
I have rhino and only have one complaint that I suspect is not unique to rhino - after several years dirt becomes embedded in the pores and it is VERY difficult to restore it to the original appearance. I have used a pressure sprayer and it still looks dingy. Rhino suggested some kind of rub-on resealer stuff that I decided I was not going to go to the trouble to do. I've had it 8 years and it is holding up very well with that one exception.

oi8228oi

another 99
Reaction score
OB NJ, land of traffic, stop lights, stop signs, a
i suggest rhino... as soo as i have the $$ and remember to make the apponitment i will be doing my truck... Rhinos the only bed liner covered by your insurance company (if in an accident they will pay to get your new bed resprayed). also x-line and others of that nature tend to be thiner, crack easier. and lastly Rhino liners keep cargo from sliding, my experiences with the others it that stuff shuffles all over the place....

Scot

;()
Reaction score
I have Line-x on both my trucks, no problems here. I have used them to pick up 2 tons of crushed limestone and shoveled it out by hand hacking away at the liner with every scoop. Still looks fine after hosing the bed out. The Line-X shop here says they will respray it for the life of the truck if I manage to damage it. I don't know if that is all of their dealers or just this one??? But I'm a happy customer.

The only other lines I have had are plastic inserts. Those are not worth the damage they do to your bed. If money was aver an issue I would take nothing over a plastic liner after having the spray on.

All I really know about rhino is they are supposed to be tackier so stuff stays put better.

Good luck with the search

My line-x dealer charged: $450 for my 8' box sprayed under the rail. Plastic factory bed caps were left in place.

dpantazis

Reaction score
beware- DO NOT LET THEM GET IT INTO THE TORX BED BOLTS! MAKE SURE THEY MASK THAT OFF!

DAMHIKT!

i think i have to grind off the bolts in some manner to get the stuff out.

my only hope right now is aircraft stripper carefully applied ... too soon to tell.

dennis

Kleetus

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Dude, that has got to be the best Icon ever!

Why not take a dremel to the inside of the stars and grind the stuff out?

X-Hibition

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I used Line-X in my old truck and it never failed. Truck before that had a drop-in liner. Excellant paint remover. Right down to bare metal.

Sliding never seemed to be an issue, and if I thought it would be then I used one of my Cargo Bars from Keeper.

Scot

;()
Reaction score
dpantazis said:
beware- DO NOT LET THEM GET IT INTO THE TORX BED BOLTS! MAKE SURE THEY MASK THAT OFF!

DAMHIKT!

i think i have to grind off the bolts in some manner to get the stuff out.

my only hope right now is aircraft stripper carefully applied ... too soon to tell.

dennis

The bolts should be removed before the liner is sprayed!!!!

acjjkamp

Blitz and Harley
Reaction score
both are good. it just depends on which dealer you like i guess.
i have the line-x on mine. like Scot said, life time warrenty, any tears, scratches etc get fixed.
make sure they remove the bed bolts and hangers before spraying

dpantazis

Reaction score
i didn;t do it

Scot said:
The bolts should be removed before the liner is sprayed!!!!

yeah, they SHOULD have been!!! i got the truck with liner in, and at the time, i did know or look closely.

hoping that the stripper will work. i have access to some crazy strippers too. no, not those kinds you preverts- water based paint remover

http://jahnmortars.com/Product.aspx?id=23

i have seen it take off epoxy and urethanes. not sure what the liner stuff is, but hoping it may soften it at least.

dennis

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58