Bedplate leak repair Questions

Fine69

Reaction score
For those of you that have had your engines removed to have the bedplate leaks fixed, what are your thoughts? Was it worth the hassle? Did it fix your problem, or did it create more? The reason I'm asking is, my dealer just called, said my bedplate is the source of my oil leak I've had almost since day one. I was hesitant to let them tear apart my truck at 12,000 miles. So what are your thoughts? All replies are welcome, Thank You in advance.

Scot

;()
Reaction score
Mine was done about 7-8K ago. After multiple attempts at leak repairs involving sensors & gaskets. Since then the motor has been dry. The truck was out of service for about 5 working days.

I would ask your dealer exactly who will be doing the work & how many of these has he done. You don't want a gasser mechanic with some down time tearing into your 6.0, this is not a job for a part time diesel tech.

You have lots of warranty left, don't rush to a decision if you're concerned about causing more problems than oil leaks.

Good Luck -popcorn

Last edited:

DaveBen

SDD Senior Member
Reaction score
The bedplate is located between the oil pan and the bottom of the block. You can't get at it from the top.

Dave

Fine69

Reaction score
DaveBen said:
The bedplate is located between the oil pan and the bottom of the block. You can't get at it from the top.

Dave

Yeah, thats kinda the reason I asked.

F350DRW1

Waylon Fan
Reaction score
Fine69 said:
Yeah, thats kinda the reason I asked.
Its also the main bearing web...can't get any further into the engine w/out coming out the other side.

mettech

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
I'm in the same boat. My PSD gets the knife tomorrow for the main seal.

I also get a new steering gear box.

It appears to me that a lot of '05 PSDs are having a problem with the bell house. I would have thought that all of the problems would have been worked out by now. :dunno

no-red 6 0

Senioritis
Reaction score
hey guys,
i can speak on this cuz i went through this. one dealership did the rear main oil leak repair. then the next one did all the rest of the fixes.. see my cab off pics in my 'salesman says post'.

tater- see my other reponse to your other 'turbo' issues.:D

since my cab off repairs have been done, i have had no other issues with the truck. it is running better than the day i got it. way better.:burnit :hail :burnit

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Svttim