New Member Been a damn good truck and needs some TLC

Sundancer

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
First off, Hello. My name is Brian. I am a new member and this is my first post. LOVE my 2001 F350. I have had it over 11 years now and can't say enough about it. It is close to 200,000 miles now and ready for some TLC.

Wish list includes Warn Hubs which I know are the no brainer. But turbo has been whining for years. I pushed this thing hard pulling a camper. Anyway, would love input from the enthusiasts :)

DaveBen

SDD Senior Member
Reaction score
:welcome to SDD Brian. There are many here who feel as you do. If you have a specific question, just ask.

Dave ;tu

WD40

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Welcome to SDD Brian, we don't have any dumb questions around here so fire away when every you want to.
Doug

Sundancer

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the warm welcome fellas. While I may not be the sharpest knife in the drawer, I have a history of improving things instead of making them worse :)
Been a tile contractor for over 16 years and learned some valuable lessons in that time. Like maintaining good tools. While I get thirsty for some of these high performance mods folks are doing to their superduty's, my logic keeps me centered on the long goal. This is a work truck. I pull a 30 foot toy hauler sometimes to the east coast from Denver. Have traveled most of these 198,000 on the highway. Just wanted to give a bit of background.
Last year the emissions guy brought the turbo to my attention. I'm finally looking into the possibilities. Seeing replacements for $400(ebay)which sounds almost too good, to $1200 for others. Do either of you guys have a preference of turbo replacement? I don't mind a little "upgrade" in performance and understand I may need to have it tuned properly, but I'm leary to stray too far off course with this 7.3. Theres a reason they earned such a solid reputation.
Thanks DaveBen and WD40!

BIG JOE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First off.. like the other have said--- WELCOME ABOARD !!! Good site, GOOD folks here.

Secondly.. and just my .02.. If yer going to do anything about the turbo.. You might look into a Ball Bearing turbo. Lots of improvement in smoother, quicker boost.. but not over doing what the 7.3 design parameters are.

Our SDD site sponsors have them (bundles).. with Real Good write ups.. do some Homework on'm first ??

Joe

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58