Been a while... no start

Frankenstien

Frankestien
Reaction score
Been a couple of years since I’ve been on line. So hello again. Piggy shut down on me the other day... had to get a tow home. Symptoms were, acted as if it ran out of fuel, large amount of oil in the valley. First thought is the IDM died... put in a fresh ICP (already had one in the box) so before I pull the fuel bowl and hpop I thought I would pick a brain or two for additional ideas.

Frankenstien

Frankestien
Reaction score
Just an update, mostly to help build the knowledge base. Checked the ICP, connector filled with oil, pods showed 165 Lbs cranking, before and after new ICP, replaced IPR, still no start. Unplugged the ICP to hopefully force the issue, still no start. This week I’ll pull the valve covers to look for leaking injector O rings...

Frankenstien

Frankestien
Reaction score
Pulled the Valve cover drivers side.... extended crank... no oil coming from the injectors, not even the exhaust port. So seeking recommendations for an HPOP. The one I have now is a Bosch, with maybe 20K on it. but its a couple years old so no warranty. Not considering replacing with the same, so any thoughts on a replacement?....

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rhensonsr