best aftermarket auto tranny?

Big K

SDD.com Hacker/Admin
Reaction score
ok so some will want to shoot me but i got rid of the powerstroke the tranny didnt feel like it was gonna hold up and i didnt feel like dropping 5k into a tranny that no one could promise it would hold up.

payton

huh???? There are MANY companines that will do that :confused: :confused: :confused:

So, Yea, What did you replace it with???:doh:

payton

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
no theres not many compaines that will gurantee it but at least have some confidance in your product. anyway while i truly do miss the powerstroke
i picked up a
03 3500 quad cab dually 4wd 6spd manny 5.9 cummins 70k miles

yeah there ****ty cell phone pics

Big K

SDD.com Hacker/Admin
Reaction score
BTS Tranny's are behind MANY PSD's and they hold up.

Not sure what you are trying to say???

Almost all the Aftermarket Tranny Makers have warranties and stand behind their product, BTS is a FINE Example of that.

Oh, and the Tranny on that dodge will go BOOM!!!! They are worse than the one in the PSD!!!!!!

payton

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
bts told me they didnt have a tranny forthe 6.0 and didnt know when they would. that they had a few in the test stages as of rightnow. but nothing concrete as of yet. i talked to the guy for 20 mins on the phone.
the powerstroke pulling my trailer was getting hot tranny getting hot. egt were climbing up pretty hard. and the truck was shuttering more then i felt comfy with.

payton

Big K

SDD.com Hacker/Admin
Reaction score
Awww,

Yeap, That is right. Forgot you are asking about the 5R110.

You say it was getting hot? How Hot?
Was another cooler added?

payton

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
it was oversized cooler and it was getting hot with just a 3/4t ec sb chevy on the trailer id hate to see what happen when i put some weight on the thing.

payton

keanoknick

Big Stroker
Reaction score
I hope you plan on putting $5k into the tranny on that Dodge, they are crap from the factory.

Sorry to hear about your problems though, that's wierd, I was pulling a 20k pund trailer around last summer, and NEVER had any problems, nothing got hotter than normal operating temps.

Good luck with the Dudge err.. Dodge tranny :roflmao

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14