Best Brand Lift Kit

Hydro6253

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
i said it once i will say it again this coming from a guy who doesn't even have a lift :sorry and i guess you don't even have anything to back up your favorite or should i say dream lift.. But you do have plenty to say about my lift u know one of the top selling names in suspension if not the top selling but anyways the reason i first posted was for his info as i DO HAVE A LIFT 8" WITH 38'S And when you finally buy your hacked and renamed lift or if you ever do let me know how long it last . One more thing you get what you pay for so go the cheap rout when you buy your lift sounds like a solid plan;tu

Fine69

Reaction score
Last time I checked, Procomp was quite a bit cheaper than Icon, and ALOT cheaper than Carli, so I don't see your logic there:dunno,

Hydro6253

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
ICON i will not dispute has good lifts cant afford myself... The only reason Carli is not cheap is because they are farly new company and they use gas chamber shocks which they DONT even manufacture!!!! And for my logic go with the company thats been doing it for more than a decade or go with someone who started a company around Dodge lifts and a couple desert races.

Ten_Bucks

Chainsaw Collector.
Reaction score
I've never had any experience with Pro Comp brand lifts so I can't say anything about them. Back when I had my '01 F350, I had 2 different brands of lifts on it. First one was a Fabtech 5.5" lift and the second one was a Superlift Select Series 6" lift. The Fabtech lift sagged to about a 4" lift once the weight of the truck settled the springs and that wasn't enough room to fit 37s and I didn't want to cut the fenders for tire clearance. So when Superlift came out with their Select Series lifts, I bought their 6" kit. I was able to fit 37x13.50R17s on it without having to cut the fenders which is what I wanted. The truck rode nice with the Superlift kit on it, too. From what I've been told, Fabtech has since resolved the problem of the springs sagging too much so if you want to go with that brand of lift, you most likely won't have the problems I had.

Scott

bmzebrin

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
I did some research before I got my lift. Yeah I wanted an ICON or Carli, but I didn't have that kind of money. I found the rough country 6 in lift, which has a 4 link setup to run 37's easy. The 4 link rod ends are heim joints rated really strong. They also make an 8 in to fit 38's I have had it for 3.5 years with no sag and rides good. If you want to make it a little better upgrade to some nice coil overs or even just shocks. People are probably going to say it is cheap, but it gets the job done and the 4 link is money. Rough country has been around a while and my local 4x4 shop uses them a lot. Check out the website its helpful. I plan on eventually upgrading to a nice coil over is all.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58