Best chip or tuner for mileage gain? Imput please

JD99PSD

power stroke newbie
Reaction score
Hi,
My boss at work has a '05 PSD F-250 crew cab 2wd. Right now we've put on a 4" turbo back exhaust and a S&B intake. He is getting 20mpg AVG. on the highway (theres about 10,000 miles on the truck, so not really broken in yet). We have a Edge evolution, but he didn't see any mileage gain on the economy program, and didn't like how it shifted anyway. What kind of mileage gains have you guys seen with your chip/flash tuner? Thanks for any imput.

Jason

JD99PSD

power stroke newbie
Reaction score
No one?? Just looking to find out what kind of mileage people are getting with what tuner/chip.

Thanks,
Jason

bartman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I experienced zero gain with mine. It's not matter of a heavier foot, either. I keep a log, and this is my result after 6 months.

DiscountPowerParts

SUPPORTING VENDOR
Reaction score
We sell many differant brands to many differant types of people. Some claim gains some dont, it really depends on driving style. If I had to pick one out of all the differant brands we sell, I would say Quadzilla 65hp module. One thing about this module is, the guy looking to hammer the crap out of his truck wouldnt buy it...only 65hp gain. 9 times out of 10 the guy that buys this module is looking for mpg gains and already drives conservatively. HERE you can read more about it. Im not saying this is the answer to high fuel prices, but it has been our better module for mpg. There are many options, and depending on how you use the extra power will directly effect your mpg results.

Patrick

Lord Tauk

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Quadzilla sounds like it'd be my first choice for what I want. Is Quadzilla good quality hardware/electronics? I haven't heard much about Quadzilla.

My only mods would be an intake, 4'' turboback exhaust, and gauges.

What about the CEL for overboosting the factory turbo? Does this tuner disable it? I'm more concerned about being safe but having alittle more power than stock, remaining as much as stock as possible without going with aftermarket turbos, injectors, fuel system, and motor work (heads, gaskets, studs, rods, etc. etc.)

My truck is an 01 7.3.

Edit:
Whoops, I didnt even notice I was in here for 6.0 guys.

Last edited:

JD99PSD

power stroke newbie
Reaction score
His driving style would be just normal driving. He's not racing the truck or does he care about more power, it has plenty for what he tows with it. Thanks for the link and I'll show it to him.

Jason

mikew5j

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
I have the Edge EZ chip on my truck. It’s a 65 HP chip as well. I bought it primarily to help with the turbo lag off the start, which it dose quite nicely. It has 3 settings: Towing 25 HP, Economy 45HP, and performance 65 HP. I almost always have it set to economy, and it looks to me that I’m getting a 1 mpg improvement.

ranchrodstx

Ranch Rods TX
Reaction score
Most of the aftermarket enhancements will give you a minimum of 10%. I here reports of some unreal mileage gains. Most of which are BS.

I only believe what I can document. My 2004 gained 3 mpg highway on the Performance setting of my Bully Dog Triple Dog.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jarrburg