Best Code Scanner/Programmer

fire245man

fire245man
Reaction score
hey i had an early 99 that had an edge evolution on it from day 1, had 266k on it when i traded. never an endine or tranny problem!

bushpilot

Full Access Member
Reaction score
you want a code scanner/diagnostic tool or you want a "power adder"...
you wont get a comprehensive unit in ONE single device !

patrickc

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I also had an edge evolution programmer on my truck for about 100K miles. 0 problems tranny or engine trouble. Good bang for the buck. Now I have switched to a 6 position wildman chip for the on the fly adjustability.

JRJ04

Reaction score
if youre looking for hp, diablo sport predator is a very good choice. I just upgraded to that from a superchip micro tuner and am VERY happy. the thing with the tuners is that they will adjust the firmness of the transmission shifts. Any other chip will only add hp and you will need to put a shift kit on it. im happy with the predator becuase it gives excellent power delivery and shifts very well.

godofdew11

Full Access Member
Reaction score
what? any decent programmer out there (tony, jody etc) can program the tranny almost any way you like it, when it shifts, how hard it shifts, when the tc is locked up, whether it unlocks when you let off the go pedal. you will never get better turning out of a plug in box then a chip because the tuners don't have access to as many parameters to tweek. i added a BTS VB to mine cause in my simple little mind fixing something the right way is somewhat better the a band aid of raising line pressures, but i told both BTS and DP that i was adding them at the same time and they worked some magic and made them play nice together and my tranny shifts like a dream.

To th OP i have never used a hand held tuner, might be worth it to give jody at DP tuner a call he will wake your truck up for sure!
I could use a good code puller myself actually. dont know where to start on that end.

JRJ04

Reaction score
well i certainly stand corrected. i knew they made hp, but didnt know they messed with the tranny as well. thanks for the correction! I learn something new everyday:sweet

BIG JOE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm perfectly happy with my Quadzilla Stealth, Programmer/Scanner. Had it fot 5 years, No Problems.

50/75/120 HP, rev limit yes/no, shift option capable. plus Scanner.

My .03:dunno Works for me.

Had a Hypertech; good but not enough options, no scanner.

Now & then I tune it back to stock, just to remind myself of the difference.:) ;) :D

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14