Best Cold Air Intake for the money??

CrAacKker

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have 03 F250 7.3 stroke. I am on a limited budget and trying to find a decent air intake. I just had my muffler taken off and I have the stock 3.5" exhaust straight with no muffler or cat. I will be getting a chip soon from DP tuner or Tony Wildman...still trying to decide.

Which air intakes would you all suggest?
thanks
Guys

oi8228oi

another 99
Reaction score
OB NJ, land of traffic, stop lights, stop signs, a
well being that you still have a 3.5 exhaust and not a full 4 inch i would be worried about EGTs and would look for the best air intake avaliable (will help keep EGTs down) which would be AFE Stage 2, but if ya go with a different air intake i would definetly do the Zoodad mod...
do you have gauges? if not i would be carefull running the chip on the high HP settings, or towing with the chip.... just :2c

CHPMustang

Reaction score
Myself and quite a few other members have the DIY Intake which IMO performs nearly as well as some of the big name branders out there but runs about $50 give or take a few bucks:)

If it came down to where budget wasn't questioned by the XO I'd be eyeballing the AFE stage II :sweet

CrAacKker

Full Access Member
Reaction score
oi8228oi said:
well being that you still have a 3.5 exhaust and not a full 4 inch i would be worried about EGTs and would look for the best air intake avaliable (will help keep EGTs down) which would be AFE Stage 2, but if ya go with a different air intake i would definetly do the Zoodad mod...
do you have gauges? if not i would be carefull running the chip on the high HP settings, or towing with the chip.... just :2c

Thanks for the advice.

My goals with the truck are to just make it faster, i won't be doing any type of competitions...rarely ever pull anything. The most I want to do is crack some rice machine's a**.

With that said, I talked with Tony Widlman about the 4" turbo back exhaust and he said that since I wasn't planning on doing injectors that the 4" inch exhaust wouldn't do much compared to the money I was spending unless I had some injectors installed.

CrAacKker

Full Access Member
Reaction score
CHPMustang said:
Myself and quite a few other members have the DIY Intake which IMO performs nearly as well as some of the big name branders out there but runs about $50 give or take a few bucks:)

If it came down to where budget wasn't questioned by the XO I'd be eyeballing the AFE stage II :sweet

That is a great idea.Like a lot of the guys on here, I have a family with a child on the way, so I can't justify spending $450 on a intake....

Like you said you could build one your self and save a lot of money and get nearly the same performance. It's not like you are going to gain 50 hp from buying some brand name over building on yourself.

I could buy all my parts at Autozone, Hi Low, and Home Depot...Right??

Thanks again for all the help.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Simmons Inaya