Best concert you've been to:

CHPMustang

Reaction score
Never did keep count of how many shows I attended thru the 80's but standouts would have to be U2 in '83,Monsters of Rock '86 and Def Lep with Tesla in '87:hail

95_stroker

Jefe
Reaction score
CHPMustang said:
Never did keep count of how many shows I attended thru the 80's but standouts would have to be U2 in '83,Monsters of Rock '86 and Def Lep with Tesla in '87:hail
Been waiting for a metal head to show up.

I'm like you, cant remember how many shows I was at throughout the 80's but some of the standouts were ;

Huey Lewis circa 1985 or so
Chicago circa 1988

Recently, Metallica with Godsmack as an opener. Godsmack tore the place down.

acjjkamp

Blitz and Harley
Reaction score
here is another metal head, of sorts.
Monsters of rock in Italy, 1991. Metalica, ACDC, Queensryche etc. Was stationed there and couldn’t pass that up, especially since we had back stage passes too.
Stevie Ray Vaughn 2 times, and Jethro Tull come to mind too. Of course this was all before kids...
The wife could list all kinds of country singers

Bowhunter

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Best all around fun. LOLAPALOOZA the first and second one.

Most fun in a single show: The CRAMPS

Strangest yet: EARNEST TRULY'S BARE BOTTOM SPANKINGS

Now keep in mind these were when I wa a couple of years younger.

Now it's mainly country for me.

Rookie

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Vanilla Fudge with Led Zeplin in 6...never mind...How about Buddy Miles Express in 6...I'm done...

Guess I haven't been to a concert in a while :oops: .

JohnBoyToo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Man - I don't want to name any of the MANY I used to go to - then you'll KNOW how old I am....
but used to go to a place called the Warehouse on Tchoupitoulas street in New orleans in the 70's and 80's when all the GREAT groups would come thru there.... and we'd pay all of about $5 cover charge !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And I remember some of them :) after all, it were college days and the hippy dippy times :)

Jethro Tull,
The Byrds,
The Allman Brothers,
Johnny Winter,
John Dylan,
Chicago,
The Who,
the Doors,
etc... etc....

Amazing that about 8 or 10 of us would jump into a VW bus (the prefferred hippy mobile) drive the 80 miles there and back... usually WAY over the legal limit of everything !

and still are hear to talk about it :)

Ah - fun memories...

hheynow

Señor Aceite de Soja
Reaction score
Rookie said:
Vanilla Fudge with Led Zeplin in 6...never mind...How about Buddy Miles Express in 6...I'm done...

Guess I haven't been to a concert in a while :oops: .

Me neither...The Doors in '69 was my first. I saw the Buddy Miles Express at Fillmore East as well as Mountain, Yes, Marshall Tucker Band, Hot Tuna and The Grateful Dead. Sheesh...I'm old :eek:

powerboatr

living well in Texas
Reaction score
JohnBoyToo said:
Man - I don't want to name any of the MANY I used to go to - then you'll KNOW how old I am....
but used to go to a place called the Warehouse on Tchoupitoulas street in New orleans in the 70's and 80's when all the GREAT groups would come thru there.... and we'd pay all of about $5 cover charge !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And I remember some of them :) after all, it were college days and the hippy dippy times :)

Jethro Tull,
The Byrds,
The Allman Brothers,
Johnny Winter,
John Dylan,
Chicago,
The Who,
the Doors,
etc... etc....

Amazing that about 8 or 10 of us would jump into a VW bus (the prefferred hippy mobile) drive the 80 miles there and back... usually WAY over the legal limit of everything !

and still are hear to talk about it :)

Ah - fun memories...

yep your ANCIENT all right, :hail Methuselah comes to mind :D

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58