Best Lift Kit?

gentryken

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
do you have a 250 or 350?

if a 350... sky 3" rsk kit and superduty springs....

if a 250...do a dana 60 conversion, then sky 3" rsk kit and superduty springs....

MttPwrStroke

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
I have an F250 and have researched the Dana 60 swap quite a bit, and I don't mind the way the truck rides right now, plus the price of a decent Dana 60 is more than a 4" lift and shocks, and by the time your done it may even be double.

stroker21

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have put a 4" lift on my 97 F250. I didn't put a solid axle in and now maybe 50-60K later the ball joints are out again after replacing them when installing the lift. I used a Tuff Country lift. I love the lift and am looking for a solid axle right now. I have talked to a few people who have done the lift and then had problems with their ball joints. They had varying types of lift kits.

gentryken

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
I have an F250 and have researched the Dana 60 swap quite a bit, and I don't mind the way the truck rides right now, plus the price of a decent Dana 60 is more than a 4" lift and shocks, and by the time your done it may even be double.

you can still do the rsk without the d60....
never had a pre-99 250, so I dont know what it required...
check this out

SKY-Manufacturing

they say:

F-250 will require minor front frame horn modification to fit on some vehicles. If you are using a TTB front axle you will need to fab or buy drop brackets.???

I read somewhere that alot of folks are going to superduty springs to improve the ride quality...I can imagine it helps quite a bit vs. some over-arched wagon springs...jmho!

arrowstrap

BioMechanic
Reaction score
i have a RSK + flip shackle to give me 5" front & 4.5" rear, sky recommends "no modifications are needed to correct pinion angle if only the flip kit is used. On long wheel base vehicles, using factory blocks, we recommend a 4 inch lift block with a 4 degree taper replace the factory blocks, in reverse of stock. This will correct pinion angle and move the axle slightly rearward."

i was just wondering if this was nessasary? i've already got so many hold-up's.

DaveBen

SDD Senior Member
Reaction score
The pinion angle stuff IS IMPORTANT as it will lead to vibration in the drive shaft if not followed. This stuff is engineered and not hacked together.

Dave

arrowstrap

BioMechanic
Reaction score
I was not insinuating that the lift kits were trial and error systems designed and built by uncle bobs coat factory.

I was looking for information on the cause and effect from someone who knows how these systems work. the sky site said it RECCOMENDS this and therefore means it is not a requirement. i was simply reaching for a little education so i could make an educated choice.

i have noted your input regarding front end vibration. this is the info i was looking for. thank you.

Last edited:

arrowstrap

BioMechanic
Reaction score
I though i had the solid axle so i didn't need to do this alteration??? front axle is one peice tube steel going from L wheel to R wheel... correct me if i am wrong...?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14