best mileage from a powerstroke

06cumminspower

Full Access Member
Reaction score
what is the best mileage you guys have heard of from a powerstroke? i curently have a 94 psd 5spd, 2wd, regular cab plane jane truck weighing in at 5200lbs, about the best setup i think there is for mileage. curently i have swaped in an old gasser rear end with a 3.55 ratio a large conical filter and strait pipe with an 18k resistor mod. i am wondering what kind of mileage is possible i have ordered a 3" down pipe 3.08 ring and pinion for the original rear end and an 80horse economy flash on my IDM from DP Tuner. i am curently around 24.5 HWY MPG and on the hunt to flirt with 30! after these mods.

95_stroker

Jefe
Reaction score
Its all in driving style with these big heavy trucks, if you are light on the throttle and anticipate your red lights (town driving) and dont brake hard or do jack rabbit starts, keep the RPM's below 2000 decent mileage is possible. 30? I dont think so, not while using it like the truck it is.

Dogman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well after all the fixing and 3 EGR's going out, I still was able to pull a 18.65 mpg at 65mph this weekend. I should keep climbing back to 22.5 Hwy I hope. I normally run around 18 city. .

06cumminspower; Do you have a cover on the bed? If not look in to it. It does help with wind drag.

Last edited:

MBRPCrazyford

Eat Some Smoke
Reaction score
With mine on 75HP, I see about 18. That's a little of both city and highway. I typically don't drive like a grandpa, but I'm not crazy either. If I wanted I could probably see about 20. I also have a 4x4 with a cap, automatic trans, and about 130lbs of stuff in the bed, and about a 250lb cap. I'm not complaining. Good luck on your quest for 30.

97powerstroker

Full Access Member
Reaction score
wow id be happy to be in the 20's,i normally get 15-17 depending on how i drive and what setting the chip is on,highway i dont have a accurate number for ya,good luck:sweet

Zookie400

I WANNA GO FAST
Reaction score
with the ulsd mine dropped a touch, running empty to and from work (30-50mph) im getting around 17.5, on lsd it was 18

milspark1

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
You all have better luck than me. I drive 65mph 20 miles one way on the interstate to get to work and I am lucky to get 13 mpg. Even with the superchips on high performance, I get 12 or 13. I have done everything except buy a DP tuner or TS Chip. Some day I will be blessed with one of them.

MBRPCrazyford

Eat Some Smoke
Reaction score
MIL, that's pretty rough. I wonder if there's something wrong with your truck. Have you hooked it up to a computer to check for any codes that may be there? I normally run my chip at 75hp, and get 16-18 with 3.55s. Humm DUNNO

keanoknick

Big Stroker
Reaction score
You all have better luck than me. I drive 65mph 20 miles one way on the interstate to get to work and I am lucky to get 13 mpg. Even with the superchips on high performance, I get 12 or 13. I have done everything except buy a DP tuner or TS Chip. Some day I will be blessed with one of them.

What size of tires are you running? Have you checked to see if you have a brake pad or shoe dragging? Good air pressure in all tires?

Just throwing out some ideas, hopefully one might help improve your mileage.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58