Question best oil for 2003 7.3

jpciron

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Want to thank everyone for there help here.
What is the best oil to run in the 7.3 motor? I have read alot and there are two im looking at but I would like to hear for some of you guys. If you guys have a prefreance on oil and fuel filters let me know as well.
Thanks in advance. JPC

dpantazis

Reaction score
the best oil is the stuff that meets the spec and you change often.

oil filters- the oilguard venturi filters or the motorcraft ones from wally whirled.
fuel fitlers racor from powerstroke shop.

jpciron

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
wow that was quick dpantazis! what oil do you run in yours?
As far as filters I plan to run motorcraft all around. We have 4 ford vehicals 3 of them Gas this is our first diesel. All have had motorcraft oil and filters. grew up ford and not going to switch..

ckamp52

ckamp52
Reaction score
i run good ol rotella...like he said just make sure to change for fresh (obvious i know but you'd be surprised) i like fresh oil sooner than extended service periods

blueoneton

Full Access Member
Reaction score
There a are a few oil choices for your 7.3, most can be purchased at WM or your favorite parts store. You have the following 15w40 choices (Delo, Rotella, Delvac, Motorcraft and Valvoline Blue) to name a few of the favorite choices. If you decide to run a 5w40 synthetic I think many choose Rotella 5w40, which is $19 per gallon a WM. I run Delo 15w40 with the MC oil filters. Whatever diesel oil and oil filter you choose, the important thing is to keep them changed when required, it helps your engine run strong for a long time.

iracemine

black and tan
Reaction score
there a are a few oil choices for your 7.3, most can be purchased at wm or your favorite parts store. You have the following 15w40 choices (delo, rotella, delvac, motorcraft and valvoline blue) to name a few of the favorite choices. If you decide to run a 5w40 synthetic i think many choose rotella 5w40, which is $19 per gallon a wm. I run delo 15w40 with the mc oil filters. Whatever diesel oil and oil filter you choose, the important thing is to keep them changed when required, it helps your engine run strong for a long time.

x2

BIG JOE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
There a are a few oil choices for your 7.3, most can be purchased at WM or your favorite parts store. You have the following 15w40 choices (Delo, Rotella, Delvac, Motorcraft and Valvoline Blue) to name a few of the favorite choices. If you decide to run a 5w40 synthetic I think many choose Rotella 5w40, which is $19 per gallon a WM. I run Delo 15w40 with the MC oil filters. Whatever diesel oil and oil filter you choose, the important thing is to keep them changed when required, it helps your engine run strong for a long time.

X3 ;tu

Rotella "T" full syn.. with MC filters for me.

jpciron

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Thanks for all the replies going motorcraft all the way. Oil changes every 3k.
JPC.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14