Question Best tuner or Custom tunes

StrokinItAllDay

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Ok, so i currently have a BullyDog Power Pup tuner for my 04' F250, I like the power but am starting to not like what it seems to do for my trans. I have heard that there are good tuners out there and am learning that some of the more commercial tuners (ie- banks, bully dog, edge) are more of a generic tune. Any help is greatly appreciated on trying to figure out what is the best or BETTER route to go.

6.0PSD777

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If ur gonna run a tuner i would go with an SCT with Custom tunes - Its also controls your tranny too. BullyDogs are junk, my uncle had one in his 04 and sometimes the truck wouldn't start, unplug it and the truck would fire right up.

thomas5853

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
I have an SCT tuner and like it. I used to have a Diablo tuner, but wouldn't get the support for a custom tune and couldn't adjust anything for the transmission. I had a superchip for my expedition and liked it.

rustinh1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
SCT with Tunes from Eric at Innovative is the way to go IMHO.

I've had 7 6.0s and this is hands down the best tuner I've ever put on one!

Zmann ARGH

Full Access Member
Reaction score
SCT with Matt's tunes at Gearheads
I choose those over the 130$ worth of Erics @ ID tunes I paid for and won't use
because their customer support sucks

05lariat

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
ive got the triple dog from bully dog and after i did the tranny learning process in the back of the owners manual it helped a bunch over just plugging in and going. ill probably be going with the sct from innovative soon though just for the extra hp

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58