best way for stacks?

brapp

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
ok what all will i need to do stacks iwant 5 inch duals, i have a set fo 5 inch stacks i wanan use already but i dont know hwat else i need, and is there a way to split it to duals before coming trough the bed or should i just t it off in the bad and then make em up from there. i have looked at afew diffrent peoples stacks here , and i love the look and sound but i lack the knolege, or is there a kit to buy to do stacks? but i would prefer to make my own.

mech2161

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I built my own. Brought the y-pipe up in the center of the bed. This way the smoke blows even out the stacks, not one then the other. I picked up all the parts at a NAPA truck store.

W4RLR

High Tech Hillbilly
Reaction score
Since I think there would be enough clearance in a dually truck with flared fenders, how about stacks OUTSIDE the bed with burn guards attached to the pipes like the big rigs? Possible?

Last edited:

stroke_smoke

Full Access Member
Reaction score
it's possible. i've seen two dodge's like that. i (personaly) thought they looked goofy as hell. i wouldnt do that. but i fully support you if you do it. :sweet you got a dually?

W4RLR

High Tech Hillbilly
Reaction score
No, I just wouldn't want to lose the space in the bed and chop up the tonneau. Only having a SRW truck also makes a difference. I'll have to play around in Photoshop and see what it would look like. Like you say, it would probably look goofy.

Last edited:

Blane

ME = CRAZY
Reaction score
my buddy had a C3500 dually. was gonna thow a topkick front end (for those that dont know, makes the front tires stick out as wide as the rear) and he was gonna do the stacks outside. that would have looked mean, but an impala blew a stop sign and he nailed it so his truck is no more. hes looking into buying something huge and rediculous now like an old dump truck or something. he just needs to be bigger than everyone lol.

brapp

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
ok how does this sound, i already have a set of 6 inch stacks from my 1999 chevy3500 with a cummins 7100 in it but i am now with my psd and wantign stacks back but all i have are the stacks, i am going to make the rest.

here is my game plan, i an going to go from the downpipe back and then get a y pipe up under the cab and splitit back to the front of the bed. then i want to put 90's on eachone and then run the stacks right trough the bed. and just fab up a set of mounts and the other thign is i have a red fuel tank for work(runnign heavy equipment) and i have about 8 inches on each side to play with. and the other thign is is there a way to fab a piece of dimondplate and fillthe small gap around where the stacks come trough the bed? and the other question is what are the benifite of going to a aftermarket downpipe and what size diamiter would be best for a pretty much stock 6.0 and its inevitble that i am using 6 inch stacks so any ideas would be helpful. i have even coincidered haveing 1 functional stack and the other just as a dummy but i am not sure about that. i really want true duals. or is there a way to go trough the bed and then t it offand then run it acrost. what is the easiest way and cheapest would be nice too.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14