Best way to level my 05 F350

05oneton

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
I don't do a lot of towing and I doubt that even when I do I will put enough on to bring it much past level if I bring the front end up a bit. So I want help on what is the best way to level my truck.

I think from the picture you can see why I want to make it look a bit better....

Last edited:

TampaDieselFX4

Full Access Member
Reaction score
To level it, you need 2.5" of lift in the front. I'd go with a Rancho 2.5" kit. It includes New springs, not spacers. New Radius arms to correct for caster. Then get a 2-3" track bar bracket to correct axle centering. Get shocks 2-3" longer and you are DONE my friend. You lifted it, corrected for caster and axle tracking. Expensive, but done CORRECTLY.

05oneton

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Well, expensive can be necessary at times, but if its not, than I may just stick with the cheaper way, but i have another question....how does it do when you tow after you have raised the front end by 2.5"? Does it look like the tail is draggin when you throw a little weight over the back end or does it look okay. I probably am not looking to do anything more than a 6000lb trailer, so what do you guys think?

TampaDieselFX4

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Needed it is. I had a 2.5" spacer kit on my 07. Drove like a turd. the axle was pulled over on one side and I had bump steer like a mofo. took that crack-head modification off.

bushpilot

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well, expensive can be necessary at times, but if its not, than I may just stick with the cheaper way, but i have another question....how does it do when you tow after you have raised the front end by 2.5"? Does it look like the tail is draggin when you throw a little weight over the back end or does it look okay. I probably am not looking to do anything more than a 6000lb trailer, so what do you guys think?

this is EXACTLY why i never raised the front of mine...i dont tow
often...BUT towing is when you NEED the control the most...and w/
the front pointed high you loose that control and jepordize safety.

you say only 6k trailer...i guess it depends on the trailer and how
the weight is set up...but you DONT want the weight on the BACK
of the trailer just to keep the truck level ! the rule <to avoid a wagging
tail> is to keep the weight distribution 60/40 (front/rear) on any trailer...

the rear of the truck sticks up because its light in the back end....anything
you do to level the truck could easily produce undesirable effects and control
when you put weight in the bed or hook up to a trailer.

Last edited:

TampaDieselFX4

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I can agree with that. with my truck leveled on my 4" lift kit... looks great normally. I loaded it with Cement bags... WOW. rear dropped FAST. Drove ok though. I think for most practial setups, a stock 4x4 F250 sits correct. 1/2" higher in the rear unloaded. the F350 just comes with bigger blocks to give you more "preload" for those folks that ALWAYS have cargo in it... ie HD work trucks.

Last edited:

Buffs F-350

Full Access Member
Reaction score

You have basicly the same truck as me I did a 2 1/2" solid spacer over the spring also I replaced the shocks with bilstien 5100s and I just put on twin rough country steering stabalizers. The truck has almost no bump steer and the axle is still centered under the truck. As far as how much weight you can haul I still have not pulled any thing very heavy but I would not hesitate to haul a trailer that heavy as long as the load was distributed properly, Any thing heavyer I would get air bags.

05oneton

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
well right now I have 4" difference between the front wheel well height above the tires and the back and I do have the 350 so from what I am hearing from some of you guys it should be okay to do the 2.5" in the front since I don't haul much of anything heavy. (at least not with any regularity)

I would have just gotten a 3/4 ton, but the 1 ton was what they had on the lot. I cant say I mind it though (except for the turning radius)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58