Beware what you purchase.

Maxtor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
After watching the flooding in the corn belt, we went to Walmart to do some shopping. I saw a box of Kellogg's corn flakes, and right next to them was a box of Corn Flakes that was significantly lower price. I have been burnt by buying cheap before, so I bought both boxes. When I got them home, I did some research on where the GV cornflakes was made. Would you believe India..:eek:
When it comes to food, I want made in USA. So out in the dumpster goes the foreign food. Next time I am in Walmart or any other food store, I will check to see where it is made before buying.
p.s. They try to hide the location. I had to look all over the box to find the GV label.

02SilverStroke

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Good advice, Max. Normally I would buy the GV brand at Wal-Mart to get a better price, but I will also take a second look. How did you find that the corn flakes were from India? Just curious.

Maxtor

Full Access Member
Reaction score

JLDickmon

ursus combibo
Reaction score
After watching the flooding in the corn belt, we went to Walmart to do some shopping. I saw a box of Kellogg's corn flakes, and right next to them was a box of Corn Flakes that was significantly lower price. I have been burnt by buying cheap before, so I bought both boxes. When I got them home, I did some research on where the GV cornflakes was made. Would you believe India..:eek:
When it comes to food, I want made in USA. So out in the dumpster goes the foreign food. Next time I am in Walmart or any other food store, I will check to see where it is made before buying.
p.s. They try to hide the location. I had to look all over the box to find the GV label.

That's why I'm not a fan of Wal-Mart. When they gave that floating smiley-face his chainsaw, they started buying overseas.

I shop at a regional chain store across the street. I might pay seven or ight bucks more on a hundred dollars, but they have a lot more stuff with a "Made In USA" label on it.

F350DRW1

Waylon Fan
Reaction score
Same junk at TSC. The commercial's and ad's just scream America, but next time your at a TSC, take a closer look at things. Maybe not as bad as Sprawl-Mart, but close.

CHPMustang

Reaction score
I always start feeling dirty when I go into Walmart especially when going thru the clothing areas,just about everything is made overseas(I'm the tag checker) but when I do find something that is manufactured in the USA I make that purchase:sweet

Thanks for bringing your findings to light:cool:

Scooter

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Whenever I go to Walmart, I always look for the indiana jones ark of teh covenant, but that is just me.

We have Walmart grocery stores here, and most of them are dying on the vine. I have one by my house, and the two times I have been in there, I was the only customer. I have NEVER seen more than ten cars in the parking lot, and some of those have to be employees.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jarrburg